Thursday, 26 May 2016

Tip Tests: The £1.36 Liquid Lipstick ♡

Hey Guys,
Yep, I've only gone and started a new series haven't I! This one, I am super excited about, like seriously, the things this series may involve excites me. Okay okay, let me give you guys the low down. Basically, I'll put anything to the test, literally anything (hence the title, Tip Tests). It could be a makeup item, a beauty myth that works but doesn't but does, cheap, random, miscellaneous items, food, you guys get it, ANYTHING!


So how does this work you ask? 
Simple, I put whatever intrigues me to the test, if you guys want me to test anything, just let me know.

So is this a Monthly thing?
Urm, I have no clue, it may be monthly, twice monthly, just whenever. Obviously some things need months to actually test, like currently, I'm putting Castor Oil for hair growth to the test, for my Lashes, Brows and Hair, but that I need to do for at least two months, yup, this has been planned for quite some time haha. Now can you guys see why I was bursting to write the first sentence!

Okay, so how does this differ from Reviews you ask?
That confused me because I thought they were similar at first too but in this mind of mine, I've some how differentiated them, let me talk you through it. I'll still write reviews of course, but they like all reviews will be on an actual product, pretty much like how mine have always been. Whereas this series, will put THINGS to the test, ie, does that packet of noodles you've seen so heavily advertised really take 30 seconds to cook, get me? Nah, that's okay, hopefully as this series becomes more apparent, it'll make more sense.

Aaah, this sounds half okay, can you get on with it?
Hell yes!


Now that we've got that whole thing out of the way, lets get on with what I'm putting to the test today. Its a liquid, its a lipstick, its a liquid lipstick, not just any LL, a super cheap one! Whilst cheekily browsing Amazon, I came across the Nani Liquid Lipstick range and thought, urrm are you for real, a £1.36 LL that has a pretty amazing range and lasts all day, it can't be true. Duh, I went and added it to my basket. I thought there may be a catch, I went to check out, expected the P&P to fly through the roof, well it bloody didn't. IT WAS FREE DELIVERY! But it took forever to arrive, that I didn't really care about though. And so after a month, it arrived!

So the shades looked slightly different on Amazon and I did google a swatch of it and it was more of a dusty pink, but when it came, I realised it is in fact a Deep Rich Pink, and the browny nude turned out the exact same.


I swatched it on my hand first, waited a for a few hours, just to check for any sort of weird reaction. With this being so cheap, I was taking every precaution possible. In those few hours that passed, I forgot it was there and I precisely remember washing the dishes and by the end of the day, the swatch was still there. Perfect, absolutely how I did it when I applied it, it hadn't gone. You can imagine my delight. However, it dries a lot darker and was so much darker on the back of my hand than on my lips.

The next day came, bright and early in the morning, I slapped this onto my lips, I wanted to test it the whole day, eating, drinking, put it through the whole lot. I took pictures at certain intervals, and here are the results.

Morning:
When I applied it, I realised it dries pretty quickly but the colour is really rich and pigmented. And the formulation is similar to other LL's. I noticed it did start to make my lips dry and uncomfortable which got quite annoying.

Swipe Test:
I rubbed my lips quite strong and it didn't budge, it didn't drag, my fingers weren't stained, nothing. *WARNING* DORKY SNAPCHAT VIDEOS NEXT ☺

 
 


Post Lunch:
I had quite a hearty lunch haha, noodles to be precise and when one eats noodles, it is never done elegantly, my noodles went everywhere. But did the food and drink affect my lips, yep it did! My the LL appeared quite patchy!

Post Dinner:
I can't remember what I had for dinner, I think it may have been tacos, but tacos are pretty messy ey? The LL was quite dry and very patchy.

Pre Night Cleanse:
I'm actually quite impressed, although the LL was quite patchy, the product was still there. Although, it is quite tough to remove, it got quite annoying because it won't budge, but after a double cleanse there wasn't a speck left on either lip. 


30, you can probably see all the patchiness!
22
My verdict:
I've fallen head over heels in love with this, its just the patchiness that got to me, but I can always re apply. I mean it's super cheap, lasts all day, pigmentation is incredibly rich and the formula is completely easy going. What's not to love, oh yeah it is a little bit of an effort to remove, they may just come in handy on a night out! 

I think I should wrap this post up, it's probably the longest I've ever written and if you've made it this far, give yourself a pat on the back, because I just have done haha. Off I pop to purchase a few more shades, if you do if this a Google, on Amazon, each link doesn't show all the shades, so you may have to click on a few links to see the entire shade range. I'll leave the link right here: Nani Liquid Lipstick 

And if you would like me to test anything, literally anything, let me know in the comments below. If it's a beauty hack, a myth that people rave about, simply anything, I'll be happy to look into it and give it a go!

And before I wrap up this post, I would just to thank you all for your kind words on my life update post, they made me grin from ear to ear as well as shed a little tear, hey that rhymes lol! But seriously, thank you!!

Tip ♡

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Google+ | Snapchat: trishnapatel6    
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Lipsticks never last on me at all for much longer than an hour, even the stains as my lips just don't take it. But these lasted ages on you! Loving the red one!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great review/test, Trishna! I love liquid lipsticks, they look so velvety on the lips, which is what I think I love most about them. I look forward to knowing your results after using the caster oil. The girl that used to thread my brows always suggested it, but I never really believed it would work, so I'm definitely eager to read your thoughts! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a great day, girlie!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT REVIEW!!!!! :) LOVE BOTH SHADES!

    WWW.KYNAGEM.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. The deep pink shade really suits you! Great post! I cannot wait to see more from this little series :) x

    taniaawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of the colors looks so good! Xx


    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. these sound really good! both of these shades look lovely:) xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shade 22 is stunning on you! I love this series, sometimes it's nice to discover the cheap hidden gems.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a few of these from ebay and really liked them. These shades look really pretty on you .
    BEAUTETUDE

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look so good for the price and the dark pink colour looks so good on you. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's quite good considering the price! Plus these shades suit you very well :)

    The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, shade 30 looks wonderful. x

    www.themakupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. 22 is a beautiful shade and it really suits you :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the brown colour, the colours of both are so vibrant! I think your blog is lovely by the way, let me know if you want to follow each other! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great bargain find, the formula looks gorgeous
    I can forgive the patchy-ness for that price!

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I'm amazed you found liquid lipsticks at such low prices - great find, haha! Out of the two colours, the beige shade is definitely favourite, it's a shade that really reminds me of the Kylie Kits! I can't actually see the patchiness in the shot, maybe it'd be best for short-wears? Hope you're having a fab weekend! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Twitter | Instagram x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this sounds like a great find! I love both colours. Thanks for sharing.
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love how the shade 30 looks! I have never heard of this brand before but they sure do look interesting.
    x Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is an amazing price for a liquid lipstick, and I've never heard of the brand. The shades look niiiice! xx Adaleta Avdic

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh these look amazing for the price and both gorgeous colours! Such a fab idea for a new series too, can't wait to see more :) x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this series idea so much!!!

    And you know what’s so funny, I was gonna say “test the castor oil diy beauty tip!”, partly because I started putting it on my eyelashes and last maybe 2 weeks tops *monkey covering eyes emoji*. BUT - if it naturally does get me longer lashes - I’ll commit! Keen to see the tips test results on that one!

    How insane that for £1.36you managed to get such pretty and relatively decent quality liquid lipsticks.

    And finally - "When one eats noodles, it is never done elegantly” - Amen.

    Raashi
    reflectionswithraa.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a really fun idea for a blog series, hun! I honestly can't wait to see more posts like this. :D These lipsticks look great, shame about the patchiness but honestly considering how cheap they were, I'd say that they're more than worth the money! x x I agree with Anne, I think that the deep pink shade looks absolutely amazing on you! :) It's definietly your kind of colour, I think! I'm going to try and think of some ideas for this series, I honestly can't wait to see more posts like this! <3 Hope you're well hun, keeping you and your family in my thoughts. x x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig