Thursday, 22 June 2017

Tip Tests | Dying Joni Jeans ♡

Hey Guys,

I can't even lie about this one, I've had it in my drafts for months. I'm talking months, truth be told, it kept being pushed down to the bottom until I had found it written on my notebook and thought, right, that's it, I'm going to try the process out. I mean, it's all in the title, most of us know about the greatness that is the Topshop Joni Jeans, they're the most perfect jeans, the fit, length, I just love them. Two things I don't love though, the price and the fade. Urgh, the fade. They aren't cheap at £36.00, and with them fading after about 10-15 washes, its annoying, very annoying. So, I thought, how can I save me buying another pair, and that's when my Textiles days came into play. I remembered dying materials and it was a fairly simple process, so off I went to hunt down some black dye ...



As you can tell from the pictures, my jeans are pretty washed out, like annoyingly washed out. I've had these, lets say since March and they have lost quite a bit of colour.

I found the Dylon Velvet Black dye in Wilko and thought, that'll do! So as one does, I simply followed the packet instructions and hoped that my jeans would come out jet black.

So I followed through and mixed the dye with water and salt and mixed it for about 15 minutes and then left it for a further 45 mins. Then squeezed the absolute life out of the jeans, so that all the water was out and hung them out to dry, out of the sun.
The most attractive blog picture, you ever did see LOL. The leg looks like something out of Sharknado, haha, someone get that reference please?!
And this is the result after


Final Thoughts:

Aaah, I did think they would turn out darker, I mean, they are for sure darker than before but parts of them still look a little washed out. Will I be doing this again? Urm, I might do, if I can't buy another pair or the price rises!

And that's it for today, a pretty short one, but one that I've been wanting to get out for ages!

Have a lovely weekend :)

Tip ♡

Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin' | Pinterest Google+ | SC:trishnapatel6
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I think the result is not perfect, but still better than before. I would be happy about it. And for the record, I love that shirt in the first picture.

    Michelle Morchella

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a really good idea, i hate how they fade pretty quickly!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig