Seen as since most people tend to catch colds in Autumn and Winter because of the transition from Summer to Autumn, I thought I would bring you guys a recipe to help soothe that cold of yours (providing that you have one ☺). Ever since I was a child, my grandma would always make this for me whenever I had I cold, she still does now, but she has taught me how to make it so I can conjure it up for myself. It is also great for sore throats too as the ginger helps kill the bacteria within you're throat whilst the honey soothes it.
○ 150 ML Water.
○ A stem of Ginger (Pealed and Grated).
○ 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice.
○ 2 Teaspoons of Honey.
○ A Pinch of Sugar.
○ A Pinch of Salt.
○ A Cinnamon Stick
1. Add the water to a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Whilst it is coming to the boil, add the Grated Ginger and Lemon Juice.
2. Once the water has come to the boil, let it simmer and add all the other ingredients. Honey, Sugar and Salt.
3. Allow the concoction to simmer away for 4 minutes on a low heat. And test a spoonful, see whether its too sweet, in that case add more Ginger, or if its too strong and a little more Honey, or if you find the Lemon/Salt has made it slightly bitter, add another Pinch of Sugar!
4. Put a mini strainer over a mug and pour the mixture into the glass and the Grated Ginger would have been caught by the strainer, or you could keep the grated ginger in, which is what I have done because Ginger is great for colds. . And you're Lest (Maltese for finished!)
What you to with the remainder of ginger is completely up to you, you can throw it away or chew it, as its a brilliant nausea cure ☺
Also, I'll be taking a little 2 week blogging break to focus on a few exams that I have in Jan! I'll be back on the 24th, have a great start to the year everyone :)
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Google+ | SC:trishnapatel6