Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Cold Buster: Ginger Drink Recipe ♡

Hey Guys,

Seen as since most people tend to catch colds in Autumn and Winter because of the transition from Summer to Autumn, I thought I would bring you guys a recipe to help soothe that cold of yours (providing that you have one ☺). Ever since I was a child, my grandma would always make this for me whenever I had I cold, she still does now, but she has taught me how to make it so I can conjure it up for myself. It is also great for sore throats too as the ginger helps kill the bacteria within you're throat whilst the honey soothes it.





Ingredients:
150 ML Water.
A stem of Ginger (Pealed and Grated).
1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice.
2 Teaspoons of Honey.
A Pinch of Sugar.
A Pinch of Salt.
○ A Cinnamon Stick

Method:
1. Add the water to a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Whilst it is coming to the boil, add the Grated Ginger and Lemon Juice.
2. Once the water has come to the boil, let it simmer and add all the other ingredients. Honey, Sugar and Salt.
3. Allow the concoction to simmer away for 4 minutes on a low heat. And test a spoonful, see whether its too sweet, in that case add more Ginger, or if its too strong and a little more Honey, or if you find the Lemon/Salt has made it slightly bitter, add another Pinch of Sugar!
4. Put a mini strainer over a mug and pour the mixture into the glass and the Grated Ginger would have been caught by the strainer, or you could keep the grated ginger in, which is what I have done because Ginger is great for colds. . And you're Lest (Maltese for finished!) 

What you to with the remainder of ginger is completely up to you, you can throw it away or chew it, as its a brilliant nausea cure ☺

Tip ♡

Also, I'll be taking a little 2 week blogging break to focus on a few exams that I have in Jan! I'll be back on the 24th, have a great start to the year everyone :)

Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin' | Pinterest Google+ | SC:trishnapatel6
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. This sounds delicious! My mum makes me honey, ginger and lemon tea whenever I'm sick but the addition of cinnamon sounds incredible! Thanks for sharing, T! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! My go to for sickness is just lemon and honey water so great that I'll have a new one to try now :)
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year, beautiful! I hope that it is the best one yet. :) This is such a lovely recipe and I can't wait to try it out, so thank you for sharing! I've never been a fan of ginger - it's a little too strong for my taste - although I think it could be quite nice when mixed with soothing honey. When I was younger, my grandma used to make me a similar drink to fight colds, except, it was just pure onion juice! It was absolutely hurrendous and so gross, but it definietly did the job really well! Still, haven't been drinking it ever since. :P <3 Happy new year, and enjoy your blogging break, hun! xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try this! I was just thinking earlier how I need to get some ginger tea :) I hope your exams go well! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great, must smell even better

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon, honey and ginger is my ultimate cure for colds!!! Lemon is the best for Vitamin C!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember my grandma making me this ginger stew to ease my cough and colds. This recipe though, I've got to try!

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if you could use minced ginger instead of a stem. I wouldn't even know where to get a stem! It looks delicious.

    http://www.thinkingofmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went for the ginger tea when I was sick too. I haven't ever tried grating it though (might have to try your method), I normally add about 6 smallish chunks of ginger to a pan of water and take it off when the water has halved. Snap, I had my exams too! Hope yours went well :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds so good. I will try it the next time I get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love ginger, so this is perfect. Thanks for sharing. <3 xx

    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure this tastes horrible but u still managed to make me wanna try it. hahaha

    http://anaturellecraving.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig