Thursday, 8 December 2016

Tip Tests: Sleek Makeup ♡

Hey Guys,

Well, none of us have seen a Tip Tests post in a while, but seen as since I've only ever purchased one Sleek item forever ago, I thought it was a great idea to test a range of Sleek Makeup items*. I'm sure most of you know about Sleek, I'm not sure if its worldwide but I know in the UK, so many bloggers rave about the Eyeshow and Highligher Palettes. I was lucky enough to receive a few items and I've properly tested them all out for you all to see ...

i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in All Night Long (£8.99)*:  This has to be my favourite Palette of all time, I'm not an everyday eyeshadow gal, but when there's a wedding or party etc, I go all out. I try (fail) to create a smokey eye, I know it may be the simplest eye look but its like running down the street in a bikini to me, just ain't going to happen haha. So lets not even get into creating a cut crease! Where was I? Yep, this Palette, the shades are so pretty and dreamy, what I love is that there's a good mixture of colours with different textures, mattes and metallics. They also are really pigmented and rich in colour, a little of this goes a long way. In terms of longevity, I used a combination of Mimosa, Bellini and Champagne, and I have to say without a primer, the look lasted a solid 6 hours which I think is a pretty long time without a primer and for a drugstore product. The only thing that got to me was the applicator, its one of those sponge tip applicators which didn't do the job so I whipped out my own shadow blending brush and it worked a lot better! But I also tested applying the eye shadow with my fingers, I know, it shouldn't work but surprisingly did. 


Highlighting Palette Precious Metals (£10.00)*: Bloody Hell, this is everything! I love highlighters, just like the rest of the beauty world, but to get four, all different shades is a dream. Behind the actual palette, it says which highlighter to use where, so I like to use Antique Bronze on my cheekbones, it gives a lovely strong/ not overbearing highlight, its quite iridescent. They are, just with the eye shadows are pretty pigmented and don't do what I did and slather a load on because you'd be there with a makeup wipe trying to edge some of it away. When I first used this, I thought they were creamy highlighters, but they're in powder form.




Cream Contour Kit In Medium (£10.99)*: I have a confession, I've probably only ever contoured thrice, once/twice just to practice and play around with and the third using this kit to actually leave the house. A little nerve wrecking because I didn't want to leave looking like a right umpa lumpa but my dad assured me my face matched my neck, don't know if I believed him though haha. It's okay, it was night time ... well I think that makes its okay. Considering its only my third time contouring, I don't think it went that bad. Because its a cream contour, it blends really easily, you're not having to push it into your skin so much and it creates a nice subtle contour. I did it lightly but you can always build it up using the darker shades. The texture is nice and smooth and has a great colour pay off. I love more than anything is that Sleek do a kit in Light, Medium, Dark, all including 6 shades, more than enough to cater for everybody.



True Colour Lipstick In 786 Vamp (£4.99)*: I love wearing reds around this time of the year, especially as we're nearing towards Christmas, how exciting! The first thing I noticed about this lipstick is how pigmented it is, I know I've used that a lot but Sleek Makeup is bursting full of colour and pigment. It lasts a solid 4-5 hours but I did have to reapply after lunch. However, with it being a matte lipstick, its really comfortable to wear, and doesn't dry out my lips, thankfully. It glides on pretty smoothly and you can build it up or wear it as a subtle everyday red. How would I describe the actual red? It's not a dark or maroon red but it also isn't bright. I would have to go with a vampy red, nothing too out there though.


You can find Sleek Makeup pretty much at every Boots or Superdrug stores or online. Or always on the Sleek Website, where I've just seen whilst getting the links for this post, you can receive 10% off your first order if you sign up.

And that's that for today's post, hope you all enjoyed having a read.

Tip ♡

Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin' | Pinterest Google+ | SC:trishnapatel6 

*= The products were gifted to me by Brand Nation, however all thoughts are my own. 
SHARE:

52 comments

  1. This post was amazing! Honestly so good! I really love Sleek! I adore everything they have to offer! I really must try out more from the brand! Their highlighting palettes are the bomb!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yep, the highlighting palettes are ahmazzingg!

      Delete
  2. What a great set of palettes! I love the eyeshadow colors :) They're perfect for everyday wear! I'm also terrible at doing a smokey eye lol

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get out my Vamp lipstick as well! I think Sleek are such an incredible brand for drugstore products, I have the highlighting palette in Soltice (so hard to chose which one to get!) and the pigmentation is just out of this world for those palette! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, and esp for drugstore products, its so hard to find such great products with low prices!

      Delete
  4. I have only ever tried their liquid lipsticks and I really want to try one of their highlight palettes next! All of the items look gorgeous :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the LL's, I surprisingly haven't given them a go!

      Delete
  5. Sleek has very lovely eye shadow palettes. I never tried their lipstick, need to change that.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. These products all sound lovely! I haven't tried anything from Sleek but I've been eyeing up that contour palette for a while :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, give them a go when you get the chance xx

      Delete
  7. i've never actually tried anything from Sleek before and i don't know why because their makeup looks amazingggg! the eyeshadow palette and highlighter palette looks incredible! lovely post:)

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the makeup is pretty darn incredible!

      Delete
  8. I ordered two eyeshadow palettes from Sleek three months ago but they never arrived, they got lost in mail. I didn't ordered again, I am traveling soon so I will purchase what I want from there! Great swatches :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, that's so frustrating!! Let me know what you think, if you get a chance to purchase them!

      Delete
  9. I need that Vamp lipstick! We don't have Sleek makeup in the US, but now this has piqued my interest and I will now go on their website to see if I can order internationally :)

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can confirm you do, its a lovely shade!

      Delete
  10. Very nice colors girl ! :)

    FASHION BLOG: www.theclassicv.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review dear!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that eyeshadow palette and have completely forgotten about it! I need to dig it out of my forgotten pile and use it again.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  13. Babe! I totally missed your Tip Tests posts, so happy to see one again, yay! :) And it's as amazing and thorough as ever. <3 I've had the pleasure to try a few of those Sleek palettes, and whilst they are not my favourite, I think that they are wonderful value for money!! I also like how many different versions there are to choose from - there's something for everyone, for sure! :) I've heard such fab things about those highlighters, as well, and they look so lovely! Thanks for sharing these fab little reviews. <3 Kisses! x x x x <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much Kay! They are, because of the amount of shades!

      Delete
  14. Sleek is definitely a pretty awesome brand! I love their solastice highlighter kit and i want to try the blush trios, contour duos and face trio kits!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm always impressed with Sleek makeup and this eyeshadow palette looks so beautiful! There is such a stunning variety of shades

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are, and they last pretty long too!

      Delete
  16. Sleek is such a great brand! Their highlighters are my faves!

    Stephanie | Beauty Bucketeer

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Highlighting Palette Precious Metals is absolutely dreamy - so perfect for all the festive parties!! Totally in love with the lipstick too.

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vamp is stunning! I have loved Sleek for years, their eyeshadow palettes were some of the first that I purchased back in my teens and I still reach for some of them now! That looks like a beautiful selection of neutrals ^_^

    Iqra | The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, its such a perfect shade for this time of the year!

      Delete
  19. This post is very interesting to me as Sleek is a brand I don't know very well, in fact, I'm not sure if I've even tried one of their products! The Highlighting palette in Precious Metals sounds really lovely!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore sleek makeup, I think they have some really lovely stuff! Their eyeshadow palettes are always great!

    Much love,
    Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never actually tried their stuff, but the highlighting palette sounds amazing!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaat girl, you must try when you can!

      Delete
  22. I LOVE sleek! I'm always so impressed with the quality of their make-up, especially because of how affordable all the products are! I've heard lots about their highlighting palettes so thinking these are going to have to be one of my next purchases!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both Emily! Exactly right, and so easy to get your hands on!

      Delete
  23. These are all so gorgeous! I really wish Sleek was available easily in the States because I'm dying to try some of their stuff.

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, that's such a shame! Hopefully one day ;)

      Delete
  24. I have never tried anything from Sleek, even though I can get it here. I feel like I am missing out.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can confirm you are haha, the products are great!

      Delete
  25. I had no idea Sleek had this many different palettes, I must get that contour one! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig