Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Winter Skincare Saviors ♡

Hey Guys,

I haven't done a skin care post in quite a while now, so I thought I would bring you one today. My skin is always a pain, all year round, its acne prone, dry, oily and oh, annoying, however, in the winter it is a complete nightmare, complete nightmare. I don't know how its possible for my skin to get so dry. Last year, or the year before, I remember my skin being so dry, 3 layers of moisturizer didn't do the job. I used to put a layer on, then another and then another. Then came the next day and I put 4 layers on, and as I was walking home from uni at lunchtime where the sun was in its prime, I looked at my reflection on a shop window and my nose was oil central, so I scurried home. Yep, dry cheeks and a super duper oily nose aren't fun. Okay, lets get on with the post, it contains a lot of The Body Shop items, I promise I haven't been told to write this post or anything like that, I just love the Vitamin E range at this time of the year ...


The Body Shop Hydrating Vitamin E Facial Mist (£9.50): This is great to apply before makeup. When my skin is having dry moments and I know concealer is going to cling onto every dry patch, I spritz this all over and it leaves my skin nice and hydrated.

Carmex (£2.69): Do I really need to talk about this again? Carmex is my lip savior, I haven't used anything else for a good 5 years on my lips.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream(£13): I don't use this during the day because I use an Olay one, and have done for years. But, after I've done my nighttime cleanse, I apply this generously all over my face and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple. Its a thin formulation, making it easy for my skin to sink it in. Well that was a mouth full haha.

The Body Shop Overnight Serum In Oil Vitamin E Oil (£15): I told you there were a lot of TBS products, I use the oil after I've moisturized at night, its just something that adds that extra layer of hydration. Like the moisturizer, it sinks in nice and easily and when I wake up my skin feels really soft.

See you on Thursday!

Tip ♡

Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin' | Pinterest Google+ | SC:trishnapatel6 
SHARE:

43 comments

  1. I definitely want to try out this Vitamin E oil. My skin needs some HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://www.thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow where are you based that 3 coats of moisturizer don't do the job?! Thank you for your insightful skincare post, I appreciate these much more than the make-up ones :-)

    XOXO
    http://www.kellmenow.com/advice/2016/11/8/on-being-alone
    https://www.instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always up for adding more hydration to me routine! That Vitamin E mist sounds awesome! It sounds like a makeup lifesaver :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean with your skin, my skin feels the same way. It is oily, it is dry, it is sensitive... whatever you'd think of. Cold weather is messing up with my skin! TBS vitamin e range is one of my favourite, it leaves the skin so soft!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so annoying, why can't it just be normal lols. Doesn't it just!

      Delete
  5. The Vitamin E range sounds lovely! I really like Carmex too but it didn't work for me recently so I switched to Blistex!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, at least there's something out there that works for everybody, blistex was never my friend lols

      Delete
  6. Having a good skin routine in the winter is so important! Great post!

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My skin gets extremely dry in winter too and I add extra products in my routine. I need to try the Body Shop Overnight Serum, sounds really great! Added on my wishlist! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, its leaves my skin soft and supple lol!

      Delete
  8. I have such dry skin and annoyingly the vitamin E range didn't really work for me, but I'm glad it is for you! I think that's the funny thing with skincare products, some things work for others than they do for some! Carmex on the other hand has been my life savior along with blistex! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn it, thats annoying! Exactly, everyone's skin is different but there's always something out there for all of us xx

      Delete
  9. Carmex has been a livesaver during the beginning of the year, but right now it's not doing the trick for me. I use a Shea Moisture rose moisturizer and it's so creamy, smells amazing and softens my face really good :)

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I haven't heard of that yet!

      Delete
  10. I need to try these Body Shop products! I've never used them before!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give them a go when you get a chance!

      Delete
  11. These products sound lovely! I've heard so many great things about Carmex lip balm! And the vitamin E range at the body shop is also a great range!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does a great job this around this time of the year!

      Delete
  12. great picks this winter is rough for my face I love body shop serum , I love whole range actually
    galantosfun giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. This Body Shop range sounds brilliant. You just reminded me I want to try more from their skincare range x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Carmex, it's a godsend for winter season. I have not tried much of The Body Shop's skincare. Thanks for sharing. <3 /Madison
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, I've never tried the Body's Shop products before, but have heard so many great things about their body butters especially, which I want to try, along with the oil you've mentioned here. Thanks so much for sharing, girlie, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaat, stop the press haha, you need to give them a go when you can girl!

      Delete
  16. I know the feeling! Never enough moisturizer to get the dryness to go away. Great Body Shop haul! The vitamin E serum sounds right up my alley :)

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, whatever I do, my dry skin will never be at bay!

      Delete
  17. I've got the body shop Vitamin E cream and it makes my skin feel so nice and moisturised! That facial mist sounds so good and refreshing! Love the vitamin E range! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great for this time of the year xx

      Delete
  18. The body shop things sound really great! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that must've been a terrible moisturizer if you needed to apply it 4 times. I really like the Vitamin E moisture cream as well. I think it has a more "luxury" skincare feel than what you would expect at that price range.

    Alyse (J.X.L.) ▲ Lumière & Lens

    ReplyDelete
  20. https://healthyliferemedies.blogspot.com/2016/11/best-home-remedies-for-winter-skin-care.html?showComment=1482238651902#c3947698066898926125

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig