Thursday, 17 November 2016

Too Faced Melted Matte Lipsticks Review + Swatched On Different Skin Tones ♡

Hey Guys,

So this post has been in the pipeline for quite some while but I wanted to add a different angle to it, so I thought of Swatching each Liquid Lipstick on different tones. It's a major pet peeve of mine when brands don't swatch on different tones because we all know they won't look the same. Anyway, mini rant over, I, like the most of the world love liquid lipsticks and I was lucky to receive a selection of shades, here are my thoughts on them ...


Packaging and Applicator
Lets start with the packaging, its pretty unique. When they came through the post, my first thought was 'damn, these feel good'. I don't exactly know what it is but the box feels like velvet, even when my dad lifted one, he went 'do all lipsticks feel like this' lol. The bottle itself is great, nice and simple, gold embossed metallic writing and its also nice and sturdy, so its not just going to roll over when left on the kitchen table.
The applicator is a standard doe foot which is at an angle so you can get to all the awkward lip parts with no fuss, and also for me the dreaded cupids bow, I can never get it right!


Formulation
This has to be one of the best LL formulations I've tried, it glides on really smoothly and surprisingly doesn't dry out my lips in the slightest. It includes a no sting plumping filler which I have to admit, does do the job. When I applied one of the shades, my lips did look fuller and plumper which was a nice surprise because I didn't know the filler was included until I read the side of the box ... a few shades after! How typical!
Although it didn't dry out my lips, it did unfortunately sink into the cracks, which is annoying, however, it wasn't so visible, only if someone came, up, close, and personal. And and, some mattes are so tight and annoying to wear but these are really comfortable and light weight, probably because of the Avocado Oil and Vitamin E. I forgot throughout the day I had something on.
Each shade, whether that be the darkest or the lightest is extremely pigmented and rich of colour, I know with dark LL's the formulation can be slightly patchy but that hasn't been found to be the case with the Too Faced ones.
To wrap up this part, I have to talk about the smell, its doesn't really have a smell but the first time I pulled out the wand, I got a sweet, caramel scent, so it might just be me lols!

Wear ability
In terms of wear and tear, it does last a good few hours. After I had lunch, I had to reapply because I noticed that the product on my inner lips crumbled and had faded which does happen with most LL's. However, the one thing that really shocked me about these is that when it was time to cleanse and remove my makeup, it came off incredibly easy and I didn't have to tug on my lips in the slightest. Anyone who has the Colourpop LL's, know they are a pain to remove, so I was expecting the same with the Too Faced ones, but luckily, it wasn't so bad.

The Kiss Test
What is this now, you ask? Haha, well I wanted to show how long it takes to dry and if it transfers, I know its a matte but some lippies take forever to dry. So I left it to dry on my lips for 10 Seconds, 30 Seconds and a minute ...

The Shades:
*1998: A hot, bright pink.
*Naughty By Nature: A true, solid brown
*It's Happening: A deep bright, magenta pink, I would say 2/3 pink shades darker than 1998.
*Evil Twin: Urm, how do I describe this, its extremely dark and full of pigment. I though it was black but its really a super super dark maroon.
*Child Star: A classic pinky nude.

The Too Faced Liquid Mattes retail for £19 and can be found on the  Too Faced Website, Too Faced counters in Debenhams and Selfridges.

And that wraps up Thursdays post, have a great weekend!

Tip ♡

PS, Thaaanks to my wonderful friends Sunali & Faiza for letting me borrow their arms and practically shoving them into natural daylight haha!

Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin' | Pinterest Google+ | SC:trishnapatel6 

*= The products were gifted to me by Wizard Publicity, however all thoughts are my own. 
SHARE:

85 comments

  1. Oh, the swatches on different skintones are a great idea. Where did you find your arm models?

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, I persuaded my lovely friends :)

      Delete
  2. I love all shades but my favorite is the pink nude one!! Looks awesome, please share a photo of you wearing it! I need it :)

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do, it might just be in my favourites!

      Delete
  3. All the colors!! So perfect for fall!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this was a thorough beauty review! These shades are very pigmented indeed :-) Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, yep they really are X

      Delete
  5. Wonderful review, so helpful and honest! The shades are beautiful.

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Companies should watch their products on different skin tones, it would make it easier for us to decide on colours. Evil twin is a really risky colour, have you ever worn it? It's happening is my favourite :) Have a great week!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really should, hopefully in the very near future it'll happen! Nope, haha, I've been to scared too, its so bold X

      Delete
  7. The shades are so pretty! I didn't know too faced did liquid lipstick, thanks for sharing!


    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, and they really are worth the price!

      Delete
  8. love, love "cool girl" definitely the perfect nude. Thanks for sharing xo

    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, looks great on every skin tone!

      Delete
  9. these all sound and look incredible! i love liquid lipsticks but i've never tried these Too Faced ones before. lovely post, hope you have a good weekend:)

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give them a go if you get the chance Em xx

      Delete
  10. I love the packaging, I'd love to try the it's happening shade!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty and that's a lovely pink!

      Delete
  11. Love the shades!! :) Wanna try them out!!
    www.beautymommies.com (please visit us and show some love) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Evil twin is such a bold color. Naughty by Nauture is my favorite color. Lovely swatches :)
    http://yourbeautyjournal.com/natural-spring-water-evian-facial-spray-review/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naughty By Nature is my fave too, its a great brown!

      Delete
  13. The shade cool girl looks gorgeous!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been hearing a lot about these lately! The colours look so pretty and thanks for swatching them on different skin tones! :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it helped! They really are worth the rave :)

      Delete
  15. Great post and review! Loving the idea of the "kiss test"! xx
    Trend-Mae

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are such gorgeous shades! I'm loving the bright shade of 'It's happening' - looks very gorgeous! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great pink! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  17. So many beautiful shades! I love that after one minute they don't leave any marks! I'll have to check this out!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a bit comfy with my usual shades but "Naughty by Nature" looks interesting! Thank you for sharing this. xoxo

    Much love,
    Sugar
    Sugary Fancies, Life and Style Blog| Instagram | Bloglovin' | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely brown, I'm sure it would look great on you :)

      Delete
  19. OMG! I love the shades that were sent to you! The brown one caught my attention :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice to see it on different tones! I love "1998" and "It's Happening"!!

    ~Krisztina
    http://www.krisztinawilliams.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh these are lovely! The colours are so vibrant!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the way your tested them out. They are just so gorgeous and i love the colors you picked!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. The colors are so gorgeous! I love their original melted line so I totally need to give the matte one a try. Thanks for swatching it on different skintones :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try the Melted range but I've only heard good things x

      Delete
  24. Loved reading this. Please check out my holiday gift ideas and guide for her & him!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  25. I spotted these when I went to Greece but didn't pick any up, regretting it now!

    Parie x
    Class and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always find them online, hint hint haha!

      Delete
  26. I have only tried one Too Faced Melted lipstick in shade Chihuahua and hated it. It gives the yucky, gross white ring in the middle of my mouth and regardless how little amount I use, the white ring is always there. Never tried these though but after one absolutely horrid experience, I am so hesitant to try Too Faced melted range.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, that doesn't sound great. I have yet to try the melted range, glad I got your opinion on it though xx

      Delete
    2. ps: I love that you swatched on different skin tone, I hope you'll continue doing so. xx

      Delete
  27. I love pretty much anything Too Faced creates and these are no exception - the shades are SO gorgeous (especially Cool Girl) and I love how you've shown them at different time periods :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just! The TF palettes are amazing x

      Delete
  28. naughty by nature looks so good on all the skin tones!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that these are easy to remove! I hate when I can't get my lipstick off haha!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you and me both, it smudge's all over my chin annoyingly!

      Delete
  30. I've wanted to try these out for ages as I've heard everyone RAVE! I love the look of Naughty By Nature, it's totally my colour x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give them a go if you get a chance, they are amazing x

      Delete
  31. I'm so pleased you did this post because while I don't currently own any of the melted lipsticks, I certainly want to and this told me everything I needed to know! I love how you've set everything out such as the kiss test. And the swatches have definitely showed me Cool Girl is definitely going on my list!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww, thanks for stopping by Emily! Its a lovely nude X

      Delete
  32. These loose really nice. I love a good lipstick :)
    Have a great week ahead!
    Xx

    Rosa Larissa Klara

    conscious lifestyle of mine

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks so beautiful! Great blog!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. The nude shade look gorgeous!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a really cool idea. And yeah, it's annoying when brands only swatch on fair skin tones!
    Ela | http://www.stealingyoursunbeams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. love the idea of kiss test and skin tone test! super! i do have the naughty by nature and i quite like it!
    http://www.thestyletune.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is an amazing review, and I'm glad that you could include swatches on different skintones, that's definietly very helpful and much appreciated, hun! :) <3 These lipsticks sound absolutely lovely, although you know how I feel about matte lippies, hun... I'm terrified of them, haha! Even when people say that 'they don't dry out your lips', well, they always dry out mine, haha! I don't know what it is, I think my lips are just very sensitive to matte formulas - which is so annoying! Loving the shade range here, some truly gorgeous colours! :) <3 Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts, lovely. xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great review! So many fun colors!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great review! These are all lovely and I could see myself wearing any of these shades!
    Such a good idea to include swatches on different skin tones!
    Thanks for sharing
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is such a great idea, girlie, I love that you demonstrated how the shades look on different skin tones, you can certainly see a difference in some of the shades! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the look of Cool Girl and the kiss test is such a good idea!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  42. So many great colors! Thanks for sharing! I love how pigmented those look.

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. All this shades are just perfect, I can't pick a fave..
    Thanks for sharing the review
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q

    ReplyDelete
  44. great shades. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi everyone, I'm so excited.
      My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
      My name is Mary Wilkie from England.
      My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

      Delete
  45. I really want to try these! I love too faced products!

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh cool!!! The swatches on different skin tones are so helpful!

    Stephanie | Beauty Bucketeer

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig