Tuesday, 8 November 2016

A Few Beauty Buys ♡

Hey Guys,

So I may have done a little shopping, I haven't purchased beauty items for so long now when I think of it. Okay that's a lie, I've done two Colourpop orders, two Kylie Cosmetics orders and brought a crap load of random liquid lipsticks, but lets put those to aside and pretend we're talking about the fact that I haven't done a miscellaneous drugstore haul. Now that's out of the way, lets get onto what I finally caved into buying ...



Rimmel 'The Only One Matte' Lipstick (£6.99): I've seen this range pop up in recent weeks and I always stopped myself whenever I popped into a Boots or Superdrug because, lets be honest, I really don't need any more browny toned lipsticks, well that thought didn't last! I only went into Boots to find a primer and of course Rimmel had a '3 for 2' offer on, that's when I knew I was pretty much doomed. I have yet to wear this, but when I swatched it, it was a lovely taupe brown, a shade perfect for Autumn/ Winter. I'll probably give it a go tomorrow and who knows, it might just end up in my favourites.

Bourjois Push Up Volume Glamour Mascara (£8.99): I was looking for a new mascara because as much as I love the Maybelline Lash Sensational, I wanted to try something a little different and wanted an inch more volume, so picked this up. I love Bourjois, but haven't tried any of their mascara's so I thought 'ey, it'll either be a win win or a no no', well it turned out to be a mixture of both. I love the effect, it lengthens, adds a ton of volume and provides my lashes flutter, does everything I wanted it to do. However, it is a wet formulation, annoyingly, so I can't apply it smoothly with no mess, it does slightly clump, which I can get pass because its not spider lash crazy but the most annoying thing about this is the smell. Yep, you read right, the smell. The first day I used this I went out with my friend and throughout the day, I kept saying 'I keep getting a whiff of my mascara and I can't pin point what it reminds me of'. Isn't is annoying when you've smelt something before but you can't bring your mind to remember it?? Well, anyone tried the VICKs First Defense Spray, the MEDICINE that helps stop a cold in its tracks and prevents your body from getting one!! YEP, THIS THING SMELLS LIKE MEDICINE!!!

Max Factor False Lash Epic (£9.99): Okay, I know what you're thinking, two mascara's in one drugstore purchase, no, no, this was my sisters purchase, but I have tried it. In all honesty, its not fantastic, its not great, I went to my sister 'you're horrendous at picking mascara's'. The brush didn't do nothing for my lashes and it wasn't a great formulation, wet and sticky.

Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Primer (£10.00): I can't really give an opinion of this because its, believe it or not, the first ever primer I have ever brought, duh duh duh (tried to recreate the sound they do in the movies lol, fail). I have yet to try is out but when I googled 'best drugstore primer' this one came up multiple times. Lets see how I get on with it.

Colab Dry Shampoo (£3.49): I have only used this once, and I can confirm its the best dry shampoo I have ever tried, and my greasy hair has tried a lot. This does such a great job of making my hair feel fresh and non greasy, whilst adding a nice scent. See, this is why I can't discus hair things on here because I just don't know how to do it!

That wraps up today's post!

Tip ♡

Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin' | Pinterest Google+ | SC:trishnapatel6 

SHARE:

66 comments

  1. How weird that the mascara smells so strange?! I usually love Bourjois mascaras xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it really isn't nose friendly haha.

      Delete
  2. hahahahaha.... i'm just like you , a few weeks ago i popped into boots for a contour kit and ended up getting The L'oreal 3 for 2 sale in lippies,those sale items are so irressistible I think i might try the Rimmel one . Great post.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I'm not alone!! Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. I have heard so much about the soap and glory primer, I really need to give it a go!
    a life of a charlotte
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should too haha, I'm waiting for the prime day x

      Delete
  4. I purchased too many lipsticks lately but I cannot stop. I ordered two more today! Someone please stop meee!! Two ColourPop orders? Haha, girl, no one can stop us!!! I placed a ColourPop order last month and I told myself I wouldn't visit their website for at least a month! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats exactly me, haha, if I can stop myself, I'll try and help, highly doubt it lols!

      Delete
  5. I haven't gotten myself any makeup in the longest time. I have run out almost on everything and this post just reminded me how much I need to get makeup. Love the Rimmel Lipstick.

    http://deffinatlyshaz.co.zw/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, go and get yourself some stuff girl!

      Delete
  6. Girllllllllllll, i love these tips and that lipstick looks amazing!

    Kelli xx
    Lovely in Gold

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Soap & Glory primer...its got a wonderful texture and helps my makeup last all day. xxx
    Sal | UmmBaby Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has made me more excited to try it!!

      Delete
  8. I've been wanting to try some of the soap & glory products. I've heard they have a good brow pencil!

    xx

    Lauren
    Blame it on Barneys
    http://www.blameitonbarneys.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard that too, must stop buying stuff haha!

      Delete
  9. Wow, I cant believe that's your first ever primer! i've heard great things about it but havent tried it myself. i would love to know your thoughts once you've trailled it.

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome selection! Looove the primer's packaging :)
    xx
    LA VEINE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, such a pretty colour as well X

      Delete
  11. How strange that the mascara smells like Vicks First Defense! I feel like I need to buy it now as I'm intrigued haha. I'd love to know how you get on with the primer as I currently use Benefits Porefessional but I;m on the look out for a highstreet alternative :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, urgh, I hate the smell, I always get a whiff of it when its on!

      Delete
  12. I love the Colab dry shampoo my fav smell is London and Paris x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried the COLAB dry shampoo and frankly it didn't do much for my hair at all. I tried London though :-(

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, but I love the scent of this one!

      Delete
  14. I love the Bourjois Push Up Volume Glamour mascara.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does everything a mascara should but the smell is annoying!

      Delete
  15. Ooh, I've heard good stuff about the Colab dry shampoo! Since my Tresemme's almost out, it was the one I was going to get next.

    Sam | My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must, it does a great job on my hair X

      Delete
  16. I think Maybelline products will be the next best thing for makeups all over the world soon... Everyone seems to love one of their products. great post girl.

    Brendascouch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love Maybelline, the lash sensational is amazing X

      Delete
  17. all of these sound really good! i'm yet to try the Colab dry shampoo, but i've always heard good things about it. lovely post, hope you have a great week:)

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, give it a go when you can!

      Delete
  18. Odd that the Bourjois mascara smells like that... I've never tried a mascara from them. I have the colab dry shampoo in the orange bottle and I have to admit that I am not a big fan - but it might be a bit different than the one you bought... it's like a weird hairspray/dry shampoo mixture.

    Otherwise - looks like a fantastic haul! Thanks for sharing :)

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it really isn't nose friendly. That's such shame, my hair is always greasy :(

      Delete
  19. Nice to do a haul and share it to the readers, somehow I don't feel guilty of my expense. I like Bourjois products, nice to see it here.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do love the lip product range.

      Delete
  20. Once or twice i have heard about the soap and glory primer but haven't tried to look for it, maybe i should this time.


    brendascouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I rarely wear primers as well, so no shame in that. Let me know how you get on with it, I might need to purchase one sooner or later.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do, glad I started of with a cheap one X

      Delete
  22. ha, not your luck with the mascara. I don't like the wet ans sticky ones.
    The shampoo does sounds nice.
    Thank you for sharing :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't fun, I don't get along with wet formulas X

      Delete
  23. I'm starting to love mascara too! Great purchases :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post! Loved the sound of the mascara, shame it's so wet! Have a nice afternoon.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma, it really is, maybe it needs to dry down a little X

      Delete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That push up mascara sounds great, even though the formula is a bit annoying, but it does what it claims, which is always awesome! Also, that dry shampoo sounds great, too! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I kept in mind, I'll have to find a way past the formula! Thanks Jalisa X

      Delete
  27. Going to boots and leaving empty handed... it never happens :) I want to try out the new Rimmel lipsticks! x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's a pity about the mascara, I've heard quite a few people feel the same way about it being clumpy. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Rimmel lipstick, by the way! :) Hope your week is going well so far..

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clumpy Mascara's are one of the worst, haha, I'll be sure to update you on it :)

      Delete
  29. Thanks for the tips! I always use Batiste dry shampoo, but will be sure to check Colab out!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I never really got on with Batiste sadly!

      Delete
  30. Wow I can't believe it's the first primer you ever bought! I am so excited to hear what you think of it, I haven't tried it personally but I believe it is quite popular. I have seen the Rimmel matte lipsticks around as well, will have a look at them next time I am in Boots. Thanks for sharing! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Best dry shampoo ever? I'll have to check it out. I usually apply too much and my hair looks greasy haha.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. You picked up some really nice things and the new rimmel lipsticks sound really interesting. I have also never tried a primer! (Should I be ashamed to call myself a beauty blogger?! haha)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have never really found Max Factor mascaras good :/ but the other products look nice :)

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig