Tuesday, 14 June 2016

May Favourites ♡

Hey Guys,
 
So it's been some time eh? Well from reading my life update post, you all probably know what's going on. I had to take a little break because life has gotten a bit much and I genuinely haven't found a minute to spare. My mums condition has gotten a lot worse, in the doctors words, she basically told us to prepare the family, basically saying my mum possibly won't have long left, providing she can't be strong enough for chemotherapy. Here's hoping she gains some strength and weight to be given chemotherapy and then there's hope she may get better. She's back in hospital and I arrive here before midday and leave around 8 in the night, see what I mean about having no time. I was actually scared because I thought I wouldn't be able to blog again but I've found myself mentally writing blog posts in my head whilst I brush my teeth and thought to myself, that's it, with whatever life is throwing at me, I will find a way. But please do bare with me because I am in the hospital from day till dawn and the connection isn't the best here. 
Right, now will all of that of the way, let's get on with a very delayed May favourites. It was a crazy, hectic and awful month, and although June has been a lot worse, I'm hoping and praying things perk up.  
 


New Look White Converse (£10.99): I bloody love these things!! I have quite a few pairs of converses so this time I opted for a New Look pair and damn have they lasted me well! Yeah they've slightly gotten dirty, but isn't that the whole point of a converse but I'm not going to lie, I did get annoyed when the first few marks got one. Funny story, when I first got them, my dad was like watch how they get dirty within seconds and I'll be like I told you so. Then I went nah, that's what I want, I want them to get all scruffy. And when they got all scruffy, I went daaaad, I don't like them dirty, and he went all sassy on me and said well girl, they are meant to be like that, that's the whole point of a converse child! Anecdote done lol. 

New Look Dungarees (£29.99): Confession I stole these off my mum. Basically, she brought a jumpsuit from new look and didn't like it, so went to exchange it and found these, and because we're both petite and pretty tiny, dungarees are almost a no go for us, but this one surprisingly fitted us well. From the length to the tightness of the leg part, it was an overall perfect fit. This has been my go to for this month, it's so easy to style and wear, not forgetting how comfortable it is. I like to pair these with a white shirt underneath, or a top/ T shirt and roll them up from the leg, bang on my white converse and I'm all ready to go. 
 

NYX Suede Liquid Lipstick (£6.50): Aaaahh I love this thing!! I finally found a NYX counter in my not so local boots but hey, it still only is 20 mins away and I could've been there for hours. Although I was intending to pick up a few from the Lingerie range and the shade Abu Dabhi from the soft matte lip cream range but that was annoyingly out of stock and the lingerie range wasn't even there so hey ho, I made up with it with this bad boy. I actually picked up sandstorm as well, but that doesn't suit me. However, I love soft spoken, it's a gorgeous everyday medium darky pink. And it's so easy to apply, it does take a minute or so to dry and I think it dries darker than when applied, however I don't know if that's just me! 

Brush Egg (Amazon, £0.50p): Onto another exciting and very cheap purchase, I've seen a few other bloggers rave about this and one night I was having an Amazon spree and remembered that I've wanted this for ages so I popped it into my basket for only 50P. I wasn't expecting anything great from it but my it does a brilliant job. Oh wait, I haven't even said what it is, it's basically a brush cleaner and I genuinely feel like it's a god send. It cleans all my brushes so easily, effectively and quickly, I couldn't ask for more. It's made of hard silicone and has a little pocket to stick your fingers in and hold it. It also has ridges and I'm not sure what you call it but at the top, it has circle ridges, to ensure you can reach every part of your brush and get all that foundation grime out. 

Irresistible Me 8 in 1 Sapphire Curler: This doesn't need any introduction, I've written a review on it here and next week I'll show off all the glorious hairstyles the wand has to offer here! I'm sure it'll be featured in many more posts to come but I still can't get my head around how amazing it really is. 

That's it for today folks, it feels good to be back! Now, off I go and spam all your comment sections!

Tip ♡

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Google+ | SC:trishnapatel6   
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. I am so sorry about your Mom, lots of love. I know it can't be easy. Soft Spoken looks gorgeous. My thoughts and prayers are with you (if you want them). New follower x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for for taking the time to share this, very great picks. Also praying for your mom and for a speedy recovery. xo


    Sincerely,


    http://aikocunanan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked your blog a few times but I saw no updates and I kind of suspected that you have some urgent family matters to attend to. I am so sorry to hear that your mum is getting worse, stay strong, Trishna and spend every waking second possible with her and your family. We love you and we understand why. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for doing so Shireen, and I can't thank you for your kind words enough ♥

      Delete
  4. Ahh! The NYX lipstick shade is gorgeous!!

    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Yorker

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so sorry to hear about your Mum! Soft Spoken looks like a beautiful shade x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely going to pick up that brush cleaning tool, what a bargain!

    I hope you stay strong through your mothers struggle. I grew up with quite an ill mother and I feel like I missed out on so much of a social life and childhood - so, I know you'll want to be there for her and spend every moment with her that you can but you also need to take time for yourself too, to relax and let some steam off and if thats blogging then great, keep it up. Sending all my love.

    Em | beautyandbullshitt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, thank you so much for your lovely words Emily ♥

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    The NYX lippie looks so pretty for everyday.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear that your mum's health condition is not getting any better, I send you all my good wishes and I wish all the best for you and your family!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so so sorry about your mom's condition, thinking and praying for you. I understand because of how I lost my dad to cancer, and even though we are thousands of miles away I feel like we have known each other for a long time...you are loved, and we are all here for you.

    Hannah
    Floraful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that Hannah, I now understand what your family must've gone through, thank you ♥

      Delete
  10. I hope that during this hard time you and your family grow stronger. Will be keeping your family in my thoughts.
    The NYX lipstick looks lovely. Definitely something that I would choose for myself :)

    What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, its nice to have you back ♥

      Delete
  11. I am very sorry to hear about your mom, I will keep you in my thoughts. Cancer is a horrible and unpredictable thing. And don't worry, we will still be here.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is terrible, thank you Anne ♥

      Delete
  12. I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I'll keep her in my prayers. I really hope things will get better soon. If you ever need to find comfort, know that we're all just a post away.

    http://www.thewanderingkitsune.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole for you lovely words ♥

      Delete
  13. I've kept your mum in my prayers since hearing the news - sending you huge hugs for being so brave. Also, I'm finally convinced to pick up NYX Suede Liquid Lipstick now next time I'm in store - this shade when dried looks gorgeous! I really hope your month improves Trishna, huge hugs from me to you xxxxx aglassofice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so kind and lovely of you, thank you ♥

      Delete
  14. You have been in my thoughts a lot, sweetie. So sorry to read about your mummy's current condition. I do hope it improves and that she will receive the needed treatment & will heal <3 Miracles do happen, you just have to trust <3
    Will pray for her, sweetie <3
    Btw, our friends from the States have almost lost their wee girl to this nasty illness. Everyone was ready to say their final gbyes. Now she is a happy and healthy child. God works and He never makes mistakes <3
    I thought maybe you would enjoy reading their blog about their little girl. It might be the encouragement that you need right now. You can share it with your mummy as well. I am sure she will find strength in knowing such miracles do happen <3
    Here's the link: https://www.caringbridge.org/search?q=Browyn (think you need to register to see the posts). I am sure this will help you and your mum greatly, hon <3
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been thinking of you so much and sending lots of prayers and strength in this hard, hard time. Please remember to not be on hard on yourself about your other commitments (your mum and your family are the most important things), if blogging is a nice little change for you - do it! If you don't post for the next 3 months - don't worry about it! I have so many things I wish I could say to you, I am just hoping you know you have so much support in this little space of the internet and lots of prayers for your mum and your family, Trishna.

    Lots of love,
    Raashi
    https://reflectionswithraa.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig