Thursday, 5 May 2016

Recent Purchases + Mini Reviews ♡

Hey Guys,

So urm, I kinda broke my spending ban, oops! #sorrynotsorry haha, but to be fair, I was on one since February, and all I paid for was my train and bus fare, so I think I can give myself a pat on the back! Mum and I hit the town and that's where it went all down hill, I actually blame the un-resistible half price offers that were on in Boots and Superdrug, I mean being a beauty junkie, I think it was inevitable that at least one item was going to be brought. Before I try to justify myself anymore, lets dive right into the post!


 NYX Soft Matt Lip Cream (£5.50): I love this range, its brilliant! The shades are pretty amazing and it just does everything its been claimed too, and your getting all of that for 5.50, absolute bargain. I ordered this online and was urming and aahing about which shade to go for, of course I googled all the swatches and the shade Cannes looked the most appealing, added it to my basket and checked out! I'm sure you all have seen reviews on this range so I won't go so in depth but what I will say is that it smells incredible, if your from the UK, your grandparents have probably embedded the Werther's orginal butterscotch sweets into your life (like mine have) but this smells exactly like that! Everytime I apply this lippie, it takes me back to my childhood. And don't get me started on the wear and longevity, its a solid matte and lasts absolutely ages!!

Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream (£4.99): I've heard so much about Sleek but this is the first product I've ever brought from them, I picked up the shade, Birthday Suit. I don't know what to make of it though, like its okay, it does the job but its quite drying!

LA Girl Pro Conceal (£4.99) from Beauty Base: Practically every beauty blogger/youtuber rave about these, and frankly, their not wrong! These are brilliant medium-full coverage budget concealers. I picked up a concealer and because I'm into colour correcting, I thought I would give the orange corrector a go too, so put that in my basket! I have yet to give the Orange Corrector a go, but I have tried the normal concealer. The shade I picked up is Creamy Beige, it is slightly too light for my skin (damn you store lighting) nevertheless, I have been using it to conceal my dark circles and it works an absolute treat. I love the coverage, and it doesn't fade during the day. The only annoying thing is that it dries quickly onto the skin, so once I've put it under my eyes, I have to blend immediately otherwise it becomes a little bit of an issue, oh well, it does a great job!

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara (£7.99): After seeing Gigi Hadid flaunt her eyelashes in the advert for this mascara, how could I not pop it into my basket. It claims to give a false lash effect and guess what, it surprisingly did just that! You only need about 1-2 coats which to me is quiet impressive. However, as much as I love the effect, there is one down fall, IT CLUMPS .. badly at that! And as you guys probably know, I hate clumped lashes, they are my major pet peeve and cannot stand them. I'll just have to pass this mascara over to my sister. I knew nothing could come close to the Maybelline Lash Sensational!

L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara (£7.99): Guilty, I picked up two mascara's!! But this one, I'm going to post a full review on because although I said nothing could over take Lash Sensational, this might have done, OMG IT TOTALLY DID (spoiler alert haha).

And that's it for today folks, it a bit of a chatty one but you managed to get through it .. I hope haha! See you all next week!

Tip ♡
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Ohhhh look at us posting beauty hauls at the same time! :D Great minds think alike... ;) :P I absolutely love little posts like this, and you got so many lovely things!!! I especially love the look of that L'Oreal mascara and I would love to see you do a full review on it, for sure! The brush just looks so interesting and unusual, I bet it makes your lashes look amazing. Loving the look of the NYX lip cream also, the shade you picked is absolutely gorgeous. :) Personally I avoid matte lipsticks etc. as they dry out my lips awfully, I've yet to find one that doesn't do that! Thanks for sharing this hun, hope you're well & enjoying the sunshine! <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we are so in sync! I'll write up a first impressions because it seriously is amazing. My lips get so dry too but I've been trying hard to exfoliate and moisturise them as much as possible ♥

      Delete
  2. That Maybelline mascara looks AMAZING, I need it!

    Mind checking out my recent?

    Alice xo
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you sure do, its brilliant ♥

      Delete
  3. ah thanks for these! I need to update my make up kit so perfect timing :)

    www.miriamwoodburnblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, its so refreshing to do so ♥

      Delete
  4. 100% agree with that L'Oreal mascara, I love it too. Initially it was very wet but after two weeks it's brilliant!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite wet which is annoying and messy but my the outcome is brilliant ♥

      Delete
  5. A spending ban since February is quite good, and things like mascaras need to be repurchased regularly, so it should be fine.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, and I am partial to a good mascara ♥

      Delete
  6. You got some pretty things! The LA Girl Pro concealer is amazing, that's why everyone is raving about it! You will love it! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it, it does the job so well ♥

      Delete
  7. That L'oreal mascara is MAGIC! I honestly can't get over how amazing it is. I too thought that no other drugstore product could top Lash Sensational, but this did by miles!

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I want all of these products! =D

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Falsies Push Up Drama but I combine it with another mascara! Sorry that it didn't work out for ya!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try it out a little more but I love the L'Oreal one so much more ♥

      Delete
  10. I waaaaant the L'Oreal mascara! I wasn't too sure because I've heard mixed reviews on it but I'll totally be reading your full review!

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly brilliant, the best I have tried by far ♥

      Delete
  11. To be honest, I feel like if products are on sale it's totally justified breaking spending bans cause...well...might as well buy it now rather than when it's full price? Right!?! :P Cannes looks gorgeous and I am waiting for that full review, totally going to grab it after!

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Raashi, you are so feeling me! I love Cannes, its such a pretty shade ♥

      Delete
  12. Th mat lip cream seem awesome !
    I love the colors.
    xx,
    Margot

    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig