Thursday, 14 April 2016

The Easy Fancy Dessert ♡

Hey Guys,

Aaaaaahh, I'm super excited to get this post published because I am actually proud of what I made haha. But honestly, the frustration was real, basically I saw these on my 'explore posts' page on Instagram. Watched the video and everything, but there was no recipe, so for the next month, yep the next month (that's how desperate I was to make these) I tried to google everything under the sun related to these bad boys, but zilch, nothing came up!! Until, I randomly saw the video again on Instagram and halleluiah, I took screen shots at each point and made up a recipe! Wait, I haven't even explained what it is. I dub it as a sandwich cake, but that's a boring title so I named it the Easy Fancy Dessert. It's super super easy yet looks incredibly fancy, well I think so anyway. Lets get on with it shall we ...

 


Ingredients:
2 Cups of Self Raising Flour
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/2 Cup of Butter
2 - 2 1/2 Cups of Milk (Or until you reach a batter/ runny/ cake consistency)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Food Colouring of Choice (I went with Pink ... of course)
Dairy/ Fresh Cream. (You could use whipping cream but it would need to be seriously whipped, so it doesn't leak through the sides)
Raspberries
Decoration of Choice (I went with Green Sugar)

 
The Method:
 
1. Prepare the cake batter by mixing the Flour, Sugar, Butter, Vanilla Extract, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Milk, until you achieve a runny consistency.
 
2. Add in the Food Colouring, whilst following packing instructions.
 
3. Line a baking tray with baking/ parchment paper, take a tablespoon of batter and pour it gently onto the tray. To form a circle of some sort, keep adding batter to the middle of the batter you have just poured until you reach a desired size. I wanted to keep my circles small to medium, so it took me three spoons!
 
4. Bake in the oven at Gas Mark 4 for 15 Minutes, or until slightly browned and crisp.
 
 
5. Remove from the oven and although it may be tough, gently scrape off the circles. Be careful though, I found this the hardest part.
 
6. Take a circle cutting tool, I didn't have this so I used a lid that I randomly found off a pot lols. And then simply cut the cake by pressing the tool into the cake.
 
 
7. The decorating part! Place one circle on the plate I guess and place the raspberries around the inside, fill the inside with the cream and top with another circle!
 
8. Lastly, decorate the top, however you wish!

 
And we're gorffenedig (Welsh for finished!)
 
Super simple right? Have a lovely weekend guys ☺
 
Tip ♡

SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, the cake looks incredible! And super simple too! This is making me soo hungry!

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really look fancy, but I am way too impatient to make something as delicate as this. I am more of a cake person as it doesn't take that long.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww, seems so tasty!

    Hope you have a fabulous day! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, these look so good. They remind me of strawberry macaroons I tried once in our local bakery, but I am sure the ones you made are even better:) Thank you so much for sharing the recipe; I am bookmarking it for this weekend.

    http://www.yuliannova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg these look so good. thanks for putting the recipe up.

    check out my blog. i nominated you for the liebster award. can't wait to read your post.

    xoxo,
    geri

    http://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! And awesome job! I love your determination in making this dessert happen! :P Thanks for sharing!
    www.streetmadonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so nice, I need to try this! I love this post.
    Maybe you can visit my blog and follow me.
    x Selina
    www.selinalie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh these look so cute! I'll have to try making them myself sometime soon

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, those look as good as bakery bought! You did a brilliant job and thank you so much for the recipes!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, this looks so delicious! I will try it but I will put strawberries in it, I have plenty of them in the fridge and I was thinking what to do with them! Thanks for sharing this amazing dessert!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh my gosh this looks so delicious! Easy fancy dessert is a good name, but the first thought that came to my head when I saw this was 'Strawberry burgers', lol! :P You know that I have a lot of junk food on my mind, so... Anyway, I love this recipe because honestly, I'm USELESS when it comes to making desserts (or cooking in general, for that matter) so I really appreciate simple, easy to follow recipes like this one. :) Thank you for sharing hun, and I'll be sure to try it out! Kisses. x x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look so yummy and fancy! I have no patience when it comes to decorating my desserts, I should give it a try :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so delicious and cute!!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still kind of like referring to these as sandwich cakes, I actually really like that name. These do look really impressive as well, I would be blown away if someone serves these up to me.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm this looks so delicious! :-) I love raspberries in anything so this is definitely a winner with me!
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG Trishna. This is dangerous, I literally feel like making this and eating all of it right now hahaha. I'm definitely going to give this a go! Thanks for the recipe girl x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  17. Screen shotting every step in a video on instagram... wow ! That's dedication hehe ! Definitely worth it though ! It's so awesome , it looks absolutely amazing and I cant wait to give them ago ! This would be the perfect dessert to finish off a fancy meal for my girlfriend :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look absolutely amazing you should go on bake off :)

    Meme xx


    New Post:
    A Day In The Life Of London
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg these are soo cute!! i am going to make some!!

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. great recipe! it looks so yummy! I'll definitely love to try this recipe! thank you for sharing :)
    xx Jamie | With Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  21. They looked SO good on your insta and even better here! I LOVE your dedication to it though, screenshots are such a lifesaver right! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig