Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Wet n Wild Lipsticks Review ♡

Hey Guys,

Well, I haven't published a review in a while, so off we go with this one! I'm not going to lie, I haven't heard much about Wet n Wild but I do always here American youtubers talk about the brand and the products do look really good, so naturally I wanted to try a few out. Sadly, there's not one place I know of here in the UK that sells this brand so I headed over to my trustee friend Amazon to purchase the goods. I knew lipsticks had to be the makeup I buy because urm, I'm totally obsessed with any sort of lippie at the moment! I opted for the Mega Last Matte Lip Cover (£4.33) I was extremely happy with the shades because they looked exactly like the swatches I googled, but the formula was a tiny bit unusual ....


I opted for the shades Spiked With Rum and Mocha-licious because I'm really into my nudey pinks and browns at the moment. They are so rich and pigmented in colour that I was super impressed because of the low price I had to pay for them. And don't get me started on the wear and longevity, they claim to last for around 4 hours, however it stayed on for so much longer, I would say for 7 hours but if I had ate my food carefully and with grace haha, it would have for sure lasted for 9 hours to even longer.
 

Now onto the slightly negative points, in terms of the formula, I found it quite hard to apply because it wasn't smooth and didn't glide on easily. I'm not sure how to explain it but you know when you apply a lipstick and its a mini battle between the lipstick and your lips, the lipstick pulls the lip away. I'm not sure that made sense haha, but what I'm trying to say is that it wasn't an easy application. In addition because the nub or top of the lipstick is round, I often find my self applying it with a lip brush, just to get that precision, luckily enough because of the longevity of the lippie, I don't have to apply it throughout the day. Lastly, just a small point, the packaging, I'm not such a big fan of it because it feels really cheap but then again, this is a £4 lipstick, so I wouldn't have expected anything less.


All in all, I do love these lipsticks, I just wish the formula was slightly more creamy but then again, this is a matte lipstick, however I love the shades and have started to fall in love with the brand, I may just have to pick up a few more!

Tip
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I love these lipsticks, I have the Spiked with Rum shade among others and I love it! They can be dry sometimes but you can fix dryness with lip balm! Great review!

    Yiota
    http://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lipsticks look amazing! I love the shades but not sure about the formula! I would definitely still give this a try though, it sounds great! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing lasting power + I love the colors- too bad the application wasn't better! Great review, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always gravitate to these colors. So beautiful!

    http://snapsnpixels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got vivid pinks and nude one. I liked vivid pink one a lot but not nude one

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard amazing things about the Wet'n'Wild lipsticks, and I'm super happy to see your review on these, darling! The first thing I noticed about those beautiful shades you picked is the pigmentation - wow! The colours are so rich and stunning, and I absolutely love them. :) It's a shame that the formula isn't creamy enough - I don't like it when lipsticks are difficult to apply! Having said that, these still seem fab considering the price, and I will definietly be checking them out so thank you so much for the recommendation and your honest review, hun. <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spiked With Rum looks like such a gorgeous shade!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mochalicious is such a lovely colour and I've heard great thing about the formula - I never even thought about buying them from Amazon; I'll have to have a look!

    Sammy xo.

    www.littlefickle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful post,dear!
    Do you want to support each other by following on GFC? If you'd like that, please follow me on the both of my blogs and I'll follow you back ASAP when you write me a comments on the newest posts. xx :) <3

    Vildana from :

    Vildana from :
    http://living-like-v.blogspot.ba/2016/03/spring-fever-poly-power.html
    http://staliaisbae.blogspot.ba/2016/03/you-are-song-of-my-heart.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfect colours! love Spiked With Rum a looot x i've never had an opportunity to use any wetnwild products but these look great, even if the formula is a bit off x

    darcia.pl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried these lipsticks from Wet n Wild before but have only heard raving reviews, so would be eager to try them for myself. Love the shades you have here x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  12. This review was excellent ! I never tried this brand before but heard a lot about it :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE Mocha-licious, I am definitely going to buy! It looks absolutely gorgeous :)

    www.cultivationofjasmin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally understood what you meant about the lipstick application - I've had that happen before! Haha, I get where you're coming from. But, I have to say Trishna the colours you picked are BEAUTIFUL! I would looove to see spiked with rum on you!

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely shades. Matte lipsticks are so lovely but so hard to apply and I hate when they dry my lips... But for the price these sound amazing with the longevity and so!
    Emma xxx

    www.wellemma.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Wet n Wild is a big thing in the US :D I love Spiked with Rum because it's a gorgeous fall shade for tan skin, and it's a dupe for MAC Retro (which I love and lost, so I need to get another shade), and yes, it is kinda hard to apply but the colors are so beautiful while being very affordable, and many of them are dupes for MAC lipsticks!

    Hannah
    http://floraful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig