Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Collection #ConcealAndLightLikeAPro Review ♡

Hey Guys,

For today's post, I'll be writing a review of a palette that I've seen floating around blogs for quite some time now. After reading all the positive reviews, I was super excited to finally get my hands on the Collection #ConcealAndLightLikeAPro palette, lol I said it like it was impossible to purchase, when it's just that I hadn't popped into Boots for a while. But it wasn't in stores when the reviews were up but I think it might have been some sort of press release review post thing, I'm not quite sure how the whole thing works, wait, where am I going with this, what I'm trying to say is that I was pretty darn excited to give this a go, it's a shame it didn't quite live up to what I expected. Don't get me wrong, I love Collection as a brand, I mean I'm not quite sure where I'd be or what kind of bedraggled person I'd look like without their lasting perfection concealer, But this palette was just meh. 



The Concealers:
Where do I begin, I wasn't a fan of the consistency probably because I'm more used to using more of a creamy concealer than these. Although they are creamy concealers, I found them so hard to blend together to find the perfect shade, which is one of the reasons I'm not such a big fan of the palette, if I buy a concealer palette I want the concealers to blend super easily together to match my skin tone, and this just didn't do that. However, in terms of coverage, I would say it has a solid light to light medium coverage, but it is build able, so if you wanted a higher coverage you just have to add some more concealer on top!
 
The Correctors:  
The Purple and Yellow Correctors, from my understanding, (I could be wrong here so don't hold me to it ☺) are supposed to correct the under eye area and somewhat conceal the veins and darker circles, yep if so, the correctors didn't really do that!
The Green Corrector: HOLY MOLY! This is the only, the only I repeat thing saving this review from being put under the 'No Go Zone'. I think my love for Green Correctors is pretty obvious around here, I've mentioned it a number of times. I always go in with a Green Corrector before my normal conceal to cover up my pesky acne scars and any other form of pigmentation. My beloved Kiko Green Concealer had run out, which is actually the main reason I brought the palette, literally only for the green corrector, and I'm so glad it didn't fail on me haha. The Collection version is pretty pigmented, which is fantastic because it means that the redness will be corrected to a higher/better standard if that somehow makes sense. And when I pop my normal concealer on top, they both blend together in perfect harmony, I just love it!!

The Highlighter:
I love highlighters, they are so incredibly pretty and add such a lovely glow to any makeup look. I've only ever used powder highlighters, never a creamy or liquidly one. Nevertheless, a highlighter whatever version it may be, should do the ultimate job and add glow to your cheekbones, correct? I didn't find that this one did any of that, it didn't really add a glow/ shimmer, and it was pretty hard to blend.

All in all, its such a pretty palette but I'm afraid it didn't quite work for me, apart from the Green Corrector, which I am completely obsessed with!

Before I finish off this post, I'd just like to wish you all a very Happy Pancake/ Shrove Tuesday! Go on, stuff your faces with Pancakes, because that's what I'll be doing haha. See you all on Thursday, when I would've turned 20, eeepp and I'll be launching a new 'series' shall we say!!

Tip ♡
SHARE:

39 comments

  1. I just would not know what to do with a palette like this so great review. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always to hard to find a good palette when working with green, red & yellow (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad the palette didn't work out, aside from the green corrector. I don't tend to use any kind of color correcting, so I don't think this would be for me! Great review :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I don't think I would recommend it either haha ♥

      Delete
  4. Disapointing it didn't quite work, but I loooove reading reviews like these!
    -Morgan x
    www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pity this was a bit disappointing! I don't colour correct so it would be wasted on me! Happy early birthday for Thursday :D!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear this didn't live up to your expectations! :-/
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, I got the green corrector out of it haha ♥

      Delete
  7. It's too bad it wasn't as good as you thought it was. I always appreciate honest reviews!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad it didn't work out. I have one pallet that I love, my naked 2 pallet. Really great :)
    Xx Blue Ducklings
    Http://www.blueducklings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahw that's okay. We've still got lots of products to try and wander. Anyway, great review!
    Love, Fads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute review! I love these colors!!
    Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing! Collection, have some great things in at the moment.
    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well at least the green concealer made it worth the purchase! Really appreciate the honesty in this review, doesn't sound like my cup of tea x

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woww. Lovely palette :)

    http://perkymegs.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice!


    http://arganlifeherbalshampoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this looks awesome
    xx
    www.junewantistall.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's really bad but I've always just had the one slightly lighter than my skin shade concealer, and I've heard that green concealer is so helpful with red spots and scars, but hearing it from you has convinced me that I need to give it a go!

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use one like that too but for my under eye circles, yes you absolutely must ♥

      Delete
  17. Hi, nice blog :) Would you like to follow for each other? Let me know in comments and i will follow you back! :)
    Denisse Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was so nearly tempted to buying this the other day! Looks lovely still, but I don't think i'll buy it just for that green corrector, haha :)

    http://sprinkleofaimeex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look lovely but it just didn't work out unfortunately ♥

      Delete
  19. Wow this is something I need!!! Looks amazing <3
    I need this in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the packaging looks so nice and professional <3

    XOXO,
    HaeMin


    HAEKUNAMATATA Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig