Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Benefits Roller Lash VS They're Real ♡

Hey Guys,

Right, I know I know this post has been a long time coming, I mentioned waaay back in the Boots Haul Post that I'll have this post up soon, the truth is, it was all written, pictures taken and all ready to go, then I realised when I got a new phone and transferred everything from that to the new phone, a few pictures didn't come through, so I had to take the pictures and write the post again. Urgh, annoying anyway, its here now! I wanted to write this post not only because there was a 3 for £25 deal on Mini Benefit products, so naturally I was going to take advantage of that deal (*winky face*) and also because there is a lot of hype around the Roller Lash and They're Real Mascara, so I wanted to put them to the test. Before we get on with the post, let me just apologise for my slightly  majorly overgrown eyebrows and the dark circles, I've accepted they're just going to be a part of me *sigh*.
 

 
They're Real (Around 5 Coats):
 


Roller Lash (Around 5 Coats):



A few dodgy eyebrow shots later haha ..

They're Real:
When I applied the mascara for the first time the results were immediate, after one coat you could visibly tell that the mascara had lengthened the lashes and gave them some volume. But that wasn't enough so I had to apply a few more coats, I love the lengthening effect because for the whole day I felt like my lashes were nice, long and fluttery. The only annoying thing about the mascara is that it clumps the lashes, I hate with a serious passion when my lashes clump, its a major pet peeve of mine and I can't stand it but I managed to slowly get through it throughout the day!

Roller Lash:
Similar to the They're Real, the results are really quick, and one coat gives a lovely natural look. Roller Lash, I feel gives the lashes more of a curl and gives more of a winged/spread out affect to the lashes, it certainly gives more flutter than the They're Real. In addition, Roller Lash doesn't clump the lashes unlink like the other mascara. But it does sadly flake during the day!

Overall:
Honestly, I was expecting a miracle to occur, for example my lashes to be super long and not flake off during the day. However, I love the lengthening effect of They're Real but it does clump the lashes and with Roller Lash, I love the flutter and spread out effect of the lashes. If I were to pick one, it would have to be the Roller Lash. Although, I can definitely see why individuals love both the mascara's but personally, I think Maybelline's Lash Sensational does a far better job and its half the price of both of these

And that's it for this post, I'll see you on Thursday!

Tip ♡
SHARE:

57 comments

  1. i've heard good things about Benefit's mascara! i'm yet to try either, i love the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara! lovely review:)xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must give either a go, but the Maybelline just does such a better a job ♥

      Delete
  2. I received the Roller Lash for Christmas and was a little hesitant, because I didn't like the They´re real at all, but it seems it would be the better one out of the two.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, that's a shame, I totally agree, I preferred Roller Lash ♥

      Delete
  3. I love the Roller Lash, such a great product! Love Benefit in general, such an amazing brand, love all of their products!
    XO IMKE | Pastellics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both mascaras do sound like a good option but if the maybelline one works even better that's amazing! I found They're Real can clump a bit too and I haven't given roller lash a go yet :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right and its half the price ♥

      Delete
  5. This was so interesting to read because of all the hype abut both. I agree though, Maybelline Lash Sensational is the way to go xx

    emilymaltby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank u for solving the dilemma. I love the real ones, but benefit , I think I am gonna them a try pretty soon too.
    New Post on my blog, do drop by soon ,<3
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same results with these two but the other way round so its interesting to hear you had a different experience and beautiful results with the Roller Lash! x

    Viva Epernay | Lush Giveaway ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, that is interesting, try combing both ♥

      Delete
  8. Ahhh! you have beautiful lashes! I've been using Benefit's They're Real for a while but I've never really become a huge fan of it. I will try the Roller Lash soon :)

    www.erdalandyuka.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try this mascara! I think it is cool!

    xoxo, Nastya Deutsch

    NEW POST ON MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've tried only the They're Real one and I like it!! I want to try the Maybelline one ! everyone seem to love it :) xx

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that they lengthen, even if they flake a little. Are they waterproof? My eyes water so much that I always need waterproof lashes! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both mascaras look really nice, you're lucky to have long lashes!!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good mascara. Thanks for sharing!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome review! I was really curios about a comparison and this cleared things out! Thanks for the honesty!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never used any product from Benefit but I thought the brand was miraculous! I good mascara makes all the diference! Disappointed!
    http://cocojeans.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must give benefit as a brand a go ♥

      Delete
  16. Looks like great mascaras. Nice pics and review.

    www.nissimendes.ch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome mascaras and reviews Trishna! Thanks for sharing!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of benefit's mascaras for SURE! Thanks for sharing!

    elainea
    toast the girl almighty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never used any of these products before. I really like the names though, and after reading this. I now want to try them for myself. :-) Thanks for sharing. xx http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is such an super awesome post! x I love the look of both mascaras, but I think Roller Lash does indeed look a little better, especially when you apply quite a few coats. :) x I heard of people combining both Roller Lash and They're Real... Have you tried doing that? x I've seen someone do that on YouTube and the end result was amazing! x Hope you're having a lovely week so far, hun. x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kay, it sure does and is my better favourite! I've never even thought of that, but is sure does sound appealing, I'll give it a go tomorrow haha ♥

      Delete
  21. Roller Lash is lovely! I absolutely enjoyed the comparison between the two. I am a big mascara lover and it's always great to discover new ones - I have actually never tried any of these. Hope you're doing great, girlie!
    xox
    http://www.mielandmint.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadia, I am too, it makes such a difference to a makeup look ♥

      Delete
  22. This was a great idea to compare the two mascaras. I also find that the They're Real can clump the lashes when too much product is applied, but when you take time to apply it carefully it makes amazing lashes. I prefer the Roller Lash as well though, it makes the lashes so long! I remember being so impressed when I first tried it out. Although if you think the Maybelline one is better, I can't wait to get it - it'll be my next mascara, really want to give it a go!

    Julia xx
    Last post: My Room Tour in Pictures | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2016/02/room-tour-in-pictures.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I hate clumps, they're so annoying, I need to try that technique! You must give it a go, its so much better ♥

      Delete
  23. I used They're Real in the past, but I've never tried the Roller Lash, so it was interesting to see a comparison!
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  24. Never tried Roller lash, but that mini looks super cute! I have tried they're real though and went through a stage where I absolutely loved it!:) x

    http://sprinkleofaimeex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm still waiting for that stage ♥

      Delete
  25. Ive not used roller lash before but used to be a frequent user of they're real, from my experience its amazing but finishes far to quick.

    x

    http://shesmadeby.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. The roller lash one seems so much better and the cute packaging is just an added bonus xx

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    sarahinks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think it was actually so, so smart of you two do a comparison of these two mascaras because they've both been so talked about! I have maybelline lash sensational, and am super happy with it too :)

    P.S. I need to come to accept my dark circles too :P The struggle is real.

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, tell me about it, I just wanted to put them to the test! The struggle is really real haha ♥

      Delete
  28. Frankly I don't like both, They're Real is a love/hate relationship and Roller Lash did nothing for my lashes. I have way better luck with Lash Sensational and The Falsies. :-(

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig