Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Winter Essentials Part 1 ♡

Hey Guys,

I wrote a Winter Essentials post, but it became to long so I decided to spilt it into two. Part 2 will go up on Thursday and is kind of random, whereas this one is more beauty related. Winter has to be one of my favourite seasons, purely because I'm a winter baby, so weirdly I like the cold but hate the rain. Urgh rain is the worst, no actually wind mixed with rain is a bigger problem because with that, the wind just pushes the rain onto your hair, face, clothes, it pretty much goes everywhere. Not to mention, when its windy, your umbrella succumbs to the wind and does that upside turny thing! Anyway, before I go onto a major rant, lets get on with the post
 


Carmex: I genuinely don't think I can count on two hands how many times I've mentioned this on the blog, so I think my love for it has been majorly known

Hand cream: Just like the Carmex I have mentioned that carrying a bottle of hand moisturiser is a necessity for me because my hands can get very dry and it just happens to be during winter that this happens, it's so annoying. But I have been using this Cath Kidston cream which has been proving to be pretty amazing! It takes away all the dryness whilst leaving a nice rose scent!
 
Red Nail Polish: Now I know deep reds are normally associated with Autumn but I like to continue them through to winter. And most winters you'll probably find me wearing this gorgeous No7 deep red, it's long lasting and has a nice glossy finish. 
 
Face moisturiser: I don't know about you but even though I have combination skin, with my nose having the tendency to get quite oily, my cheeks get super dry and every year I struggle to cope with it. Just imagine your foundation sticking onto dry patches, making them noticeable while the foundation just glides off an oily nose, Yep that's my life during winter, but no more. I've started double moisturising my cheeks. It basically means putting moisturiser all over my face once and taking a small amount again in the palm of my hands and rubbing it just onto my cheeks! 
 
Tiger Balm: Okay this is a super weird on, and ideally should've been included in Thursday's post but I forgot somehow it's ended up here. Not everyone may have heard of it but to my it's an absolute God send. Whenever I have a cold I rub it onto my chest to help add some warmth and to clear my block nose, I add a tiny bit to under my nostrils, it does have a slight sting but trust me it works in helping get rid of a cold, the only thing I don't like about it is the smell, it's kinda weird but I've gotten used to it! Or the Vicks Vapour Rub also does a good job!

See you on Thursday!

Tip ♡
SHARE:

41 comments

  1. These essentials look fab, couldn't live without hand cream or carmex!! xxx

    www.stylapetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same with hand creams, my hands are so dry at the moment and I always carry a hand cream in my bag! :)

    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love a good winter essentials post! Looks like some really great staple products for winter!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look so lovely! I'm just sorting mine out now as all of a sudden it has got freezing here! My skin is in the need of moisture!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post and great blog you have!

    http://combo-monster.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are also my essentials too! I can't go a day without applying hand cream and lip balm couple of times. Red is always a great choice :)

    www.elabellaworld.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha snap, it can get so annoying ♥

      Delete
  7. Great picks, love the nail polish shade!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never ever used Tiger Balm! My dad used to swear by it and when I was at home at Christmas I found it in one of his drawers. I hear it is very good for headaches as well!

    Inma x
    sunshineandglow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg you absolutely must, its brilliant for headaches ♥

      Delete
  9. Lovely tips! My skin gets very dry in winter and I always forget my hand cream.

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, Carmex makes the world go round. No lie, lol. I have a few (I call them uppity brands) whose balms I like, but I always end up going back to Carmex. It's cheap, and it's reliable.

    hellozauni.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with Zauni! I love, love Carmex and can't / won't stop using it! :)

      Ira / JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
    2. Haha, I too agree with Zauni. I couldn't go a day without it! Thanks for reading girls ♥

      Delete
  11. I can't live without Carmex, best thing in the world!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a great blog post !! I love post like these :D loving your blog keep up the good work girl !!!

    come say hi !!
    NewVideo!!!


    Jadiee'sLittleBlog


    Jadiee

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're like the third person who talked about carmex and now I kind of want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great winter essentials! Absolutely love the Carmex hand cream!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard so many people talking about Tiger Balm I really want to try it!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally must, its such a great balm ♥

      Delete
  16. I can't live without lip balm and hand crem these days!
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard of Vick's but never of the tiger balm. To be honest, Tiger Balm sounds WAY cooler! LOL. I can't get through the winter without a lip balm, either. That No. 7 nail polish is gorgeous. I'm going to look for it in my local Target, which is the only store I know of to sell No.7 or Boots items!!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have too, its incredible! It's such a gorgeous shade, haha, go for it ♥

      Delete
  18. I have wanted to try that moisturiser for so long! Think I might have to go and give it a shot.
    Great post!
    Annabel ♥

    http://annabelreid13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig