Tuesday, 17 November 2015

No Go Zone | Disappointing Products ⛔

Hey Guys,

Today's post is about two products I have purchased that didn't quite live up to their expectations. There's nothing worse as a Beauty lover than hearing or reading about a specific product that has amazing reviews and you getting excited about purchasing it, but completely does the opposite for you, that's the worst. This post, will probably be a major rant so lets get on with it!



Bourjois CC Cream (£10.00) Boots: I never brought a CC Cream and when it was super hyped about, I really wanted to give it a go and I didn't really want to buy a high end product, so I thought the Boujois one has been spoken and raved about a lot in the blogging and youtubing world, so I thought I'd give it a
go. And after using it for the first time, I was so disappointed because as a brand I love Bourjois because my skin has a yellow undertone, hence needing foundations with yellow undertones to match, so I thought hey, Bourjois base products have a tint of yellow in them, the CC Cream will match pretty well. It didn't, sadly. It had more of a red undertone and made my skin look very pale and ashy. Secondly, it says its 'hydrating' however, it didn't do much hydrating for my skin, in fact the complete opposite, it made my skin drier and clung on to any dry patches! In terms of coverage, puting aside it wasn't the correct shade for my skin, it did have a light coverage but of course when you use a shade lighter than you're skin, it aluminates all the redness. So that was a disappointing buy!

Collection Bronze Glow (£2.99) Boots: Now, where do I begin with this! Maybe with my personal fault, I was looking for just a bronzer, not one with glitter or shimmer, so that's one thing that puts me off using this product, but that in itself is my fault. On to, bronzing, hmm it doesn't really do much of that, you really do have to build it up. I tried only using the darkest shade with a smaller brush and tried to apply it into the hollow of my cheek bones but it really didn't do anything. Just a very slight shadow. Also, I'm not sure if any other user has experienced this but it was quite difficult to remove, I conducted my usual routine, the actual bronzer came off fine, just the glitter, I found it on my skin the next day! Urgh, products that fall flat on their face, are the worst!

Tip ♡
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. I had seen and heard about the bourjois CC cream - thank you for the heads up, Trishna!

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer! I hate disappointing products!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, the most annoying things ever ♥

      Delete
  3. I stayed clear of Bourjois CC cream because so many negative reviews and your experience with it further proved that it's terrible!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, that is lucky of you! It really isn't a great product ♥

      Delete
  4. Great post, thank you for your thoughtful words!

    Enjoy your day

    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post :)
    I invite you to me, what do you think about follow for follow? :)

    veronicalucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad they didn't work out! I never tried those.
    thefancycats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a brilliant and honest post about these two products. I hate it when this happens, too.

    Kisses from the Philippines!
    - Seyra
    www.pavementsarerunways.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, its one of the worst feelings ♥

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear these weren't that great for you! I've never tried either of those products. Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame but I'm glad you didn't buy them, otherwise you're money would have gone to waste ♥

      Delete
  9. Wonderful post :)
    I invite you to me, what do you think about follow for follow? :)

    veronicalucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, Bourjois is usually one of my go-to drugstore brands but I'll stay away from this CC cream for sure. Thank you for such an honest review - that'll save me some money! :) x

    Viva Epernay | Penhaligon's Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, I love most of the other products, just not this one I'm afraid! Haha, it was my pleasure ♥

      Delete
  11. Oh my!So sad,sorry it all didn't work out well for you,I know and understand the feeling
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting disappointed is the worst! Bourjois is usually a good brand for nice products, so this was new to me :) will keep this in mind!

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh I am so glad I read this post! we can't purchase Boujois here in the states so we have to order it online and I have been keeping my eye on it and all the reviews raved and raved about it. but I do need products with a yellow undertone so I am glad to read about your experience with it. xox- Cynthia www.cdelbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reviews have been amazing but unfortunately it didn't do much for me ♥

      Delete
  14. this is great way to put a red flag so that others are cautioned, truly loved the post :D

    http://dclementia.blogspot.in/2015/11/SanitationEssentials.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, that's why I like writing these posts ♥

      Delete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig