Tuesday, 10 November 2015

How I Wash My Makeup Brushes ♡

Hey Guys,
 
Is it weird that I like to watch YouTube videos on washing makeup brushes. I just like to gain the idea of finding new and effective ways of washing them because at the end of the day, that thing is going on your face! Now, I aim, I say aim to wash my brushes at least once a week, I never do and its so bad because of all the bacteria etc, so I'm trying to get onto the band wagon of doing it more frequently.
 
You may know that I was a late bloomer to makeup, so I don't have a huge collection of brushes because I don't apply a wide range of makeup to my face, hence not needing the brush required for it. But I know one day it will expand and the task of washing brushes will become even more tiresome and tedious than it is now! I like to follow a particular routine, just because it makes the whole process easier and I feel my brushes are squeaky clean straight after! Lets get on with it ☺
 
 





 
1. I fill a cup with warm to hot water.
 
 

 2. Squirt a little hand soap in it!


3. I then let all brushes soak in the water for a minute, I like to think the hot water helps suck all the gunk out, but I don't know if that's scientifically correct haha!
 

4. I take the other brushes out and swirl each one in the water for one minute to help get rid of the dirt.


Eww, I have to pour all the water out.
 

 

5. I squeeze a little soap into my hand and rub the hairs of the brush against my hand to really get that deep clean!

 
6. I push out all the soap.

 

8. I rinse the brush in clean water and give it a final squeeze, just to make sure all the soap is out. I then continue the same process with the other two brushes ☺


9. Finally, I take a cloth and place some kind of object on top, and then lean the brushes upright against the object to keep them in place. Keeping the brushes upright helps drain out all the water that may have gotten into the tube area, also making them last longer as the water isn't able to ruin the glue that binds the whole brush together. And that's it, the brushes will stay there throughout the day or overnight, depending on when I have washed them ☺

Tip ♡
SHARE:

32 comments

  1. Cool post! I think cleaning makeup brushes regularly is so important for keeping our skin healthy and clean :)


    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitley, I need to stick to a habit of washing them frequently ♥

      Delete
  2. Soooo....I really need to wash my brushes, haha thanks for the reminder, Trishna! I am like you too, I don't have a full, proper collection of brushes, yet I already find it tedious to clean them :P I'm going to use this post tonight! :)

    P.S. Love the colours of your brushes! :)

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're so welcome! Virtual snap, yay, I hope it works for you, just as well as it does for me ♥

      Delete
  3. I love using hand soap to clean my brushes too, I actually think it's very effective. Your step by step pictures are great :)

    Velvet Blush | Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew how affective it was to use just soap, it saves us buying an actual remover! Thanks ♥

      Delete
  4. That final tip is super helpful, will be draining my brushes bristles down from now on

    http://whatkatiewatched.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, hopefully it does its job ♥

      Delete
  5. This was educational because I didn't know too much about cleaning brushes. Thanks for sharing!! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, I'm glad it helped ♥

      Delete
  6. Oh, this is such a great way to wash them! I always try to find the way that works the best, so thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this post was useful, thanks for reading ♥

      Delete
  7. Great post :D

    // www.bysterup.dk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wash my brushes with dish soap haha. And I make sure I don't soak the ends of the brushes too much so the glue won't get brittle. :-)

    http://snapsnpixels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah exactly, it'll save us buying new ones frequently ♥

      Delete
  9. What a lovely review and even better reminder that I absolutely need to do this.. I don't even want to think about how long it has been!

    XOXO
    http://www.kellmenow.com/blog/
    https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow?fref=ts
    https://instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, tell me about it! I really need to give mine a wash ♥

      Delete
  10. Nice method! Reminds me I need to clean mine soon ♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. i need to clean mine more often, thanks for the tip!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep forgetting to wash mine haha!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Washing makeup brushes is super important. I usually try to avoid getting the part where the bristles & the brush meet because it tends to make it loose -- at least in my experience. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it totally does, we've gotta look after them tools haha ♥

      Delete
  14. That's a good tip, I haven't thought of putting them in a cup before! I'll have to try it :) Thank you!

    http://www.jelacamakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had known sooner too haha ♥

      Delete
  15. Where did you get the zig zag background from in the first picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a notebook that was laying around ♥

      Delete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig