Is it weird that I like to watch YouTube videos on washing makeup brushes. I just like to gain the idea of finding new and effective ways of washing them because at the end of the day, that thing is going on your face! Now, I aim, I say aim to wash my brushes at least once a week, I never do and its so bad because of all the bacteria etc, so I'm trying to get onto the band wagon of doing it more frequently.
You may know that I was a late bloomer to makeup, so I don't have a huge collection of brushes because I don't apply a wide range of makeup to my face, hence not needing the brush required for it. But I know one day it will expand and the task of washing brushes will become even more tiresome and tedious than it is now! I like to follow a particular routine, just because it makes the whole process easier and I feel my brushes are squeaky clean straight after! Lets get on with it ☺
1. I fill a cup with warm to hot water.
2. Squirt a little hand soap in it!
3. I then let all brushes soak in the water for a minute, I like to think the hot water helps suck all the gunk out, but I don't know if that's scientifically correct haha!
4. I take the other brushes out and swirl each one in the water for one minute to help get rid of the dirt.
|Eww, I have to pour all the water out.|
5. I squeeze a little soap into my hand and rub the hairs of the brush against my hand to really get that deep clean!
6. I push out all the soap.
8. I rinse the brush in clean water and give it a final squeeze, just to make sure all the soap is out. I then continue the same process with the other two brushes ☺
9. Finally, I take a cloth and place some kind of object on top, and then lean the brushes upright against the object to keep them in place. Keeping the brushes upright helps drain out all the water that may have gotten into the tube area, also making them last longer as the water isn't able to ruin the glue that binds the whole brush together. And that's it, the brushes will stay there throughout the day or overnight, depending on when I have washed them ☺