Thursday, 15 October 2015

First Impressions | Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue ♡

Hey Guys,

I think I mentioned that this post would be up soon in my makeup routine post last week! So, ever since this product came out, I've wanted to get my hands on it, because I love Bare Minerals as a brand and I was looking for something new to wear as my base. I wrote this post the very day I properly used it, (its the Bare Minerals Complexion Hydrating Tinted Gel), which was a few weeks ago, but I was eager to get My Makeup Routine ♡ before this post came out! Also, if this post feels like its written in present tense, it is because as the day went on, I made notes of how it felt on my phone. So I've just taken them and written it up more formally, shall we say ☺



The Product: The lady at the counter that I brought said it is a mix between a CC and BB Cream, in the sense that the CC Cream part, colour corrects whereas the BB Cream part comes from the fact that it provides good coverage. Lets put it to the test!

*MINI RANT*
I went into the John Lewis store in Brent Cross, all was fine, the kind lady matched the right shade to my skin tone, I did think it looked slightly darker but then thought 'oh, the lighting in this store is dark anyway, you'll be fine in natural daylight Trishna'. Brought a bottle in the shade Tan, all happy and hyped up because I had wanted the Complexion Rescue for months. Got into the car and had an absolute meltdown! I looked like a tanned orange (not sure that makes any sense) and it was quite dark for my skin. The journey home, I was completely pissed off and in urghh mode! And the worst thing is that I never knew foundations, BB creams etc can't be returned! Anyway, so after lunch, My mum said she would take my back to get a lighter shade. This time we popped into the Boots store in Brent Cross, and the lady there said, 'oh, you're actually a shade lighter' so she matched me up and I went and brought the one shade lighter than Tan which is Ginger! Right, so I went back into the car and oh my goodness it was too light for my skin, it looked ashy. And I thought, what the hell! Then I was like, okay Tan is too dark, whereas Ginger is way to light, what if I mixed the two and after spending £26 on each, I wasn't going to keep them away. So the next day, I mixed the two shades, and hallelujah we had a winner!! So that's what I do now, I mix two parts Tan and one part Ginger! and it matches my skin tone perfectly! Now, on with the actual post!



9:00AM - Morning: I apply the product on my face using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, I put two dots of the darker shade and one dot of the lighter shade on both cheeks and simply blend, blend and blend away. It definitely feels like a gel, slightly cold on the skin but I like that sensation because I find it soothing. I realise that with this product a little goes a long day, so when I wear it next, I won't make the dots as big. The Complexion Rescue has good coverage, I would say Medium. It definitely covers most of my scars, only showing the newer ones. But doesn't conceal my naturally rosy cheeks, that I am okay with! And it even's out my skin tone. However, it does cling onto any dry patches quite easily, which I feel will annoy me and get the better of me throughout the day, but we'll see!


Awkward Hand!

13:00PM - Lunch Time: Just looked in the mirror and the dry patch is still there and very visible. So I took The Body Shop Vitamin E Spritz and sprayed it onto a cotton bud, and dabbed that onto the dry patch. It did help. In terms of wear, the product is still there and but has ever so slightly started to fade, however, I am quite impressed. The coverage is more or less the same as it was in the morning. On the contrary, my skin does look slightly oiler and shiner than the morning, however that may just be the fact that the Max Factor powder that I use isn't quite mattifying. So far so good!


I changed into a comfy jumper!
19:00PM - Post Diner: This is the time I usually take my makeup off because I like to get rid of the 'take you're make up off' thought as quickly as possible. Right, so the last update. I feel like the majority of the product has still stayed with parts of it worn away, but I guess that happens with all Foundations, BB Creams etc. My dark circles are slightly more visible and a few more scars are also visible. 
 
All in all, I'm super happy with this product and I'm glad I brought both shades. I think this is all I'll be wearing for a good few months ☺

Hope you all enjoyed this first impressions post!

Tip ♡
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. I've wanted to try this product for ages,so sorry you had such an effort finding the right shade but cool that you've not got a customised shade for you!

    Will definitely give this product a go, looks great

    http://whatrajwants.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, its okay, it all worked out in the end! You should, its pretty amazing ♥

      Delete
  2. Ah, clinging to dry patches is a huge no from me, and what a shame about the shades?! Glad that you bought two so that you can get your shade!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, but I completely understand, dry skin with a drier base is a total no no, it'll just make things worse! Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  3. It's such a shame when the shades are either too dark or too light. I usually have to mix foundations up too as my skin is very difficult to pick a good shade to. Anyways, I heard a lot of wonderful things about this foundation and I am still yet to try it out :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, I know right, it can get really annoying and tiring having to mix two shades. You should definitely check the product out :) xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this great review. It sounds like you are happy with this product overall. I might have to try it myself. Have a great weekend!

    Kathy
    http://www.glamsimplified.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Welcome and thank you so much! Have a great weekend yourself Kathy ♥

      Delete
  5. Great review! I've heard so many great things about the complexion rescue, I need to try it out! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love reading ur mini rant! Good review! I am going to try ur trick of dabbing oil spray on my dry patch!
    Chichistashan.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the BareMinerals products, especially their powdered foundation, I've had that for a few years now and I love it! Great review, this here looks like a product that is really worth trying out! Xx
    The Style Icon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've really want to try that because I've never really heard of a powder foundation, I must look into it! Thanks for reading ♥

      Delete
  8. I've never tried anything from bare minerals before but so many people love their products!
    Aleeha xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, the products are really good :) xx

      Delete
  9. It is really hard to find a perfect shade. One is light another one is dark, I know your struggle. I hate it when the foundations make dry bits so visible, then it is really hard to work with. At least it is long lasting, which is really good.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know right! Dry skin, especially in the winter sucks :(

      Delete
  10. Great post :) Amazing products :)
    http://modishnessblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i was thinking about trying this, might have to go and get it :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG that sounds like the most horrifying experience. I know the other day I stepped out and noticed my foundation was overly dark on my face (the same one I've been using for years). It was awful and I felt so self-conscious all day. I can't believe they won't let you return it. If it's unopened then it should be fine? ESPECIALLY since the sales person sold you the wrong tone. It's not like you can fix that (technically you did but still). Urgh, that makes me so mad.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! You understand my struggle and major frustration! Exactly, what I was thinking, I didn't even open it in the slightest but apparently its for hygiene reasons!

      Delete
  13. I've heard great things about this product, but it probably woudn't work for my oily skin. I'm glad you were finally able to get a perfect color match!
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, that's a shame, possibly try getting a little sample? Thanks ♥

      Delete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig