Tuesday, 27 October 2015

DIY Terrarium ♡

Hey Guys, 

So it's no surprise that I absolutely love flowers and plants, I mean I grow my own vegetables for god sake! And over the past few weeks I've been obsessed with terrariums, if you don't know what they are; they're basically little plants/succulents potted in some sort of container and made to look all fancy and pretty. I don't know where these can be brought, but I know they can be made so I thought I would give it a go! 
I popped into Homebase and brought all the things I needed!


What you'll need:
Any container of choice.
Mini Succulents.
Cacti if you want to take it a step further!
Soil.
Pebbles.
A pair of gloves to keep your hands free from dirt!
Something to cover your work area, to stop that getting wrecked. I just went with newspaper!
Decoration of choice, I went with Tree Bark and Pebbles!


The mini succulents were only 99P so I brought six because I thought that many would be enough for the two bowls, and a packet of cacti. The larger succulent I had brought ages ago, so I decided to use that as well ☺
 


Firstly, I placed a few handfuls of the pebbles at the bottom, apparently this is for drainage reasons.
Btw, I don't know if I've made this correctly or should I say the way pro's make it, its just the way I wanted it to be built!

 
Secondly, I added the soil, it really depends on personal preferences, but I wanted the succulents to placed near the top, so I added more soil but if you want them lower or higher, just add more soil or don't add as much! 


Thirdly, all you do is to just pop all your succulents in, in absolutely and position and order you wish too! 


 
Lastly, decorate! I just sprinkled a few more pebbles on top and because I just brought an orchid, the plant pot it came in had loads of tree bark so I also used that as decoration. You can decorate it with anything you want, big rocks, fake moss, leave it as it is or I've seen a few with glitter sprinkled on top!! So it really is up to personal preference. And then water your terrarium!

The second one, I made!
 
 
And that's it, pretty simple right! And it really does add a nice touch to the room and passage, it looks like a mini jungle in a cup! 

I decided to keep the smaller one for my room, and along with my new orchid, it adds a pretty touch!
 
Also, it's great to google image the word terrarium to give you a hint of inspiration! 

Tip ♡

SHARE:

45 comments

  1. Such lovely and creative diy. Love it for my room.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Appreciated!

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flowers&plants and sometimes I grow my own stuff too :) At the moment I am growing avocados :) I like the look of terrarium however I've never thought about doing it myself. It looks really good and I might actually consider giving it a try too :) xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I never know how Avocados' are grown, that's such a great idea! You definitely should!

      Delete
  3. I think that terrariums are really cute and add the perfect touch of greenery to a desk! This also sounds like a really fun diy, definitely need to make one for myself :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, they really do add a little excitement to a desk ♥

      Delete
  4. I've always wanted to make a terrarium, excited to give this a go!

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it'll be nice little project ♥

      Delete
  5. Such a cute idea! I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award- hope you participate!

    xoxo, Caroline | http://carolinevsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nomination! I've written a post on it ♥

      Delete
  6. Looks delicious! thanks for sharing I need to try this soon:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    xox,
    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yeah of course we can, it'll be great ♥

      Delete
  7. Love this diy project! It's so cute. Can't wait to make my own terrarium.
    www.doreensstylediary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks like such a nice decor detail so i will definitely try to make one myself too! thanks for sharing!


    http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no bother, I'm glad you liked it ♥

      Delete
  9. These lovely plants will make great decors for the home, thanks so much for sharing your DIY!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh this is so amazing! <3 Definitely my kind of thing, I need to give this a go over the weekend! Thank you so much for sharing x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you do, its a nice little task to complete ♥

      Delete
  11. What a great DIY idea, I am terrible with plants, keeping them alive et,c but this doesn't sound too bad so maybe I should give it a try. Plus it looks stunning too x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm exactly the same, but I think if you water succulents at least once a week, you should be good to go ♥

      Delete
  12. Wow amazing! I really want to try this now! Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing job, looks really great.
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is cute. I always wanted one on my desk. Thanks for sharing =)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always wanted to try one of these!

    xoxoBella http://xoxoBella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, you won't be disappointed ♥

      Delete
  16. I need to try this look so cool!

    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so cute!

    http://sarawritesadiary.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're so creative! I've always wanted to do this but I realized I had no where to place it :(

    http://stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh haha, maybe make one in a slightly small container ♥

      Delete
  19. Amazing. I like it <3
    http://i-am-dominica.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great idea! It came out so beautiful!

    xx Leah / www.eatpraywearlove.com

    ReplyDelete

© Tips Capsule ♡ . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig