It's been a while since I've posted a recipe so I thought I'd bring you one today! Its a simple 8 - step pasta recipe with sauce made from scratch and takes under 30 minutes. It's always my go to lunch when I'm unsure of what to have.
○ Any Pasta of your choice. I went with Penne. Cooked to packet instructions.
○ 1 Tablespoon Oil.
○ 1 clove of Garlic, finely chopped.
○ Half a Chilli (You can leave this out if you wish), finely chopped.
○ Half an Onion, roughly chopped.
○ A can of Sweet Corn.
○ Any spices/herbs of choice.
○ Salt to taste.
(You can add vegetables or meat of choice, I'm just lazy and can never be bothered to chop any other ingredients!)
○ 3 Tomatoes, roughly chopped.
○ 2 Tablespoons Tomatoe Puree.
○ 1 Teaspoon Chilli Puree (only if you love a bit of spice).
○ 1 Tablespoon Water to loosen the sauce.
○ A pinch of sugar, this will take the bitterness away from the Puree.
1. Whilst the Pasta is cooking, this is where you make the sauce. It is so simple, all you have to do is whack all the ingredients for the sauce into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and leave aside.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and add the Garlic and Chilli, but be careful as the seeds from the chilli may spit out the pan.
4. Once the Garlic is slightly browned, add the Onions and cook for around 4 minutes.
5. Next, is to add the Sweet corn and as I like to keep these crispy and crunchy, I only cook them for about 3 minutes.
6. Add the sauce and bring to the boil. When it's boiling, lower the heat and allow the sauce to simmer for 7 minutes.
7. Add the herbs/ spices/ salt of choice. Cook for 2 minutes, to allow those ingredients to infuse themselves within the sauce.
|Those are the ones I went with ☺|
8. This is the last step when you add the pasta and let the sauce and pasta both become friends for 3 minutes. And Fini, you're all done ☺
|I don't know about you, but pasta just doesn't seem pasta without a little bit of cheese!|